“I'm shocked that it's legal to rip people off and get away with it!!!!!!”

Northern Lake George Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Silver Bay
Lierpool, new york
“I'm shocked that it's legal to rip people off and get away with it!!!!!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Don't stay here huge rip off pictures on web site are miss leading. Inn keeper very rude after leaving you feel like you just got mugged.The rooms were small only a matteress to sleep on two pillows per bed , beds smelled like urine and had stains on them . Cobwebs and dust everywhere, the doors had a one and a half inch gap around them ,the door handles were the kind used on closets no security what so ever . The main lodge was in need of repair and had several refridgerators on the porch yee haa .down by the lake there was plastic construction fence . The beach was about 20 feet. In length " not much of a beech .I was pleasant when conversing with inn keeper about the accomadations. he walked away and said I'm charging me with two nights over 300 dollars . Even though we only stayed one night which was one of the worst experiences I've ever had . On a scale of 1-10 me and my family rated it a negative 3 . I can't believe a lawyer hasn't jumped on this as a group lawsuit ,deceiving consumers ,my next I will contact the state attorney.

Room Tip: Do not stay here !!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
holmdel
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I have stayed at The Northern Lkae George Resort for one weekend a year since 1991 when my husband proposed to me "will you marry me and be the mother of our children". Staying in this historic inn has been a tradition for our family ever since. The location on Lake George is magnificent and it is truly a "Camp" in the greatest sense. I loved the old blankets and candles with the nets around them that are now long gone. We have always stayed in either the motel units at the back of the property or the main lodge and we will return each year to enjoy the opportunity to step back in time and experience life as it was without modern day creature comforts. The kitchen serves great meals, the guests are not those you would meet in the Village. The Silver Bay Camp Association right next door is our swimming place and Snug Harbor (formerly Werners) is where we have always rented our boat. Mark and David Martucci continue to host all of us year after year and each time we return, we see faces and families who also gather to enjoy the return to yesteryear.
If I had any improvements to suggest, it would be to raise the apron of the 100 year old cypress trees so that the view of the lake would be enhanced from the upper decks of the Lodge. I would also embroider the existing towels with name of the resort adding an emblem of the Indian Head gracing the dining room wall and sell these as momentos of our stay thus covering the cost of new towels for the guests to enjoy.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank silverbayloyalist
Brooklyn, ny
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Historic resort nicely updated while retaining it's old fashioned charm. Quiet and comfortable with helpful staff. Clean with all the basic amenities. Real out in the country feel. Fine for a quiet getaway. Need car to get to other attractions in the are.

Room Tip: Wife and I were looking for someplace quiet and relaxing. First time stayed in the old building whic...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
LULUPAL
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Booked a room and it was so disgusting and small. Moved to a villa still gross. I want to leave and the Inn keeper is threatening me for full payment or he is keeping my stuff. I am here on work and told me he called my employer(temp) which he did!!! Threatened me with calling the police. Unbelievable!!! after reading the other reviews I can see that is the trick they get you to go to the gross small room and because you dont like it take the villa for more $$$. I smell a RAT or two!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank LULUPAL
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We rented two connecting rooms in the motel, both rooms should be condemmed. Very moldy and smoky smelling. Door to room had 1.5" gap underneath it for critters and moisture to get into room. We checked in late and one of the rooms was wet and damp do to the moisture outside. Asked owner to upgrade us and I was willing to pay the difference and he said NO. He was a complete jerk and wouldnt come with in 30' feet of me to talk. DO NOT STAY HERE> GO SOME WHERE ELSE> GROSS< GROSS GROSS> It made my kids cry it was so gross. We slept with our cloths on and left super ealry.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank rob v
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Nice location, is the only positive.

No cell service other than AT&T.
Old bedding on a wooden platform.
Very, very small bathrooms, I had to step out of the bathroom to towel off and dress.
Very small and SHORT shower stall.
Wasn't very clean.
Paper thin walls.
Muddy parking area.
Unless you speak Russian or Turkish, good luck on your fair (at best) breakfast..
Shallow, run down boat dock, with no ramp.
I'm glad the fishing was good, to keep out on the lake longer.

Room Tip: Best tip to get a better room, go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Gene M
Royersford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I never write reviews, but this place was so horrible, I couldn't resist. We stayed at Norther Lake George Resort for three nights in August. We chose this resort because it was very conveniently located to a family member's lake front home, where we planned to spend the entire day over the weekend we were there enjoying a very large family celebration. Although we were literally only in the room to sleep and shower, that was far longer than I would have liked to be there. Traveling with me was my husband and one-year-old daughter. My parents and brother also had their own rooms.

For starters, we arrived late and were told to ring the intercom for service. There was not a soul in sight. Instead, we found our room key sitting on the front desk with a note instructing us to fill out a registration card with our name, address, credit card info, etc. and leave it on the desk! We then enter the motel room to find it dark, extremely outdated, small, and uninviting. The door knobs had an antiquated locking system and were loose and wobbly. Not exactly a good feeling of security. The "king sized bed" was actually two twin mattresses side by side on a platform. The sheets were see-through and there was no mattress pad! Gross. The room was so small that we did not have enough space to set up the pack and play for our daughter to sleep on, so she had to sleep in our bed. Of course, there was a crack from two separate mattresses in the middle, so you can imagine how uncomfortable that was. The bathroom was tiny, the shower seemed to be one of those temporary shower stalls with pipes exposed on the outer wall. The sink was tiny and there was no counter space or ledge for your toiletries. The towels were about the quality of a handkerchief. Short, threadbare, and non-absorbant.

The signs posted on the walls looked like they hadn't been replaced in 30 years and one even warned you not to iron your clothes on the carpet because the nylon would melt. Seriously?!

The only small redeeming quality was that breakfast was included in your room price and that was actually decent. Even with breakfast, the awful conditions of the room were not worth the $100 per night rate. Our first two mornings at breakfast went smoothly and all three of us enjoyed a decent meal. On our third and final morning, they brought us a bill (without mentioning it ahead of time) for our daughter's meal because the "double occupancy rooms include two breakfasts." I couldn't believe the audacity they had to ask us to pay for a $6 breakfast when they are clearly profiting from the overpriced room rates. Plus, we had already had two morning breakfasts where this wasn't an issue. Needless to say, after speaking with the manager, we did not pay for the breakfast. We will also never be staying there again.....even though the location was in perfect proximity to our family member's house. I'd rather camp in a tent on my aunt's lawn and wait in line with a dozen other people for the shower than stay in this place again.

This place makes Motel 6 and Super 8 motels look like the Hilton.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
#4 of 6 in Ticonderoga
Ruah Bed & Breakfast
Ruah Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 2 in Hague

Been to Northern Lake George Resort? Share your experiences!