“VERY VERY CLEAN”
Review of Skaneateles Lake

Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Skaneateles
More attraction details
Owner description: This clean, serene lake is the easternmost of New York's Finger Lakes.
New Delhi
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 132 helpful votes
“VERY VERY CLEAN”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

I am told that this is one of the cleanest lakes in the world with drinkable water.
The lake is quite large and there are scores of Bars , and restaurants and lovely old hotels dotted around it.
This was the 2nd wedding that I have attended on her Bnaks and am always struck by itsbeauty

• Korean first
Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“see the water!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I can't ever remember seeing such incredibly clear lake water! We were in town just for a day but we did spend a short while on the lake. the town is quaint and yes, very touristy. So maybe skip town and spend time enjoying this beautiful lake.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Skaneatles pros and cons”
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Greetings. I recently visited Skaneateles Lake with my friend and TripAdvisor writer Billy C. , his wife and my wonderful girlfriend. After visiting some of the other Finger Lakes, we were very excited to see the crystal clear waters of Skaneateles, and indeed they are! A couple of quick notes about what you can and can't do there: we were very interested in waterside dining and were surprised at the lack of it. However, if you cared to take a lunch with you and sit on the waterside, that is easily done. But don't go expecting to sit with a water edge view of the lake at a really nice restaurant. If I go again, and I likely will, I will definitely bring a cooler with snacks to sit at the water's edge in the small, but very old park there. I will have to check and see if a glass of wine while I enjoy my picnic is out of the question. It may very well be. If you're just looking to walk around the small town, take the boat ride out on the lake, that's all good. But, you won't find the type of water side view and menu that Bellhurst Castle offers closer to Rochester, and that is what I'm typically looking for. There's a lot of other very touristy stuff there to check out and good places to eat. Just not on the water. When I go again, it will probably be in addition to or on the way to somewhere else. Stopping for lunch in the park would only cost you your lunch, you can park on the street. I did this easily during the Antique Boat Show, so any other time should be relatively easy as well, but I don't recall seeing any public restrooms.

4 Thank tomcattarus
nj
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“beautiful view”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

this was a gorgeous place to visit. We took a boat tour which was about 45 mins. Such a nice and clean place to visit. We cannot wait to go back again!

1 Thank melissa126
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Boring place....”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Except for some touristy type shopping, there really isn't much to do here. The restaurants are marginal at best and unless you want to eat pasta, pizza the food choices leave much to be desired.
Save your money and time and go somewhere else.

2 Thank John M