“Great views-Welcoming Host.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skaneateles
Pine Grove Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 14 Skaneateles B&B and Inns
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great views-Welcoming Host.”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Charlie and Anne make you feel like their most important guest the first moment you walk through the front door of the Pine Grove Inn. You also will be greeted by their dog Boris. Boris has a gentle disposition, and his charm will add a nice addition to your visit. The rooms are large and beautifully decorated with comfortable beds. The views of Lake Skaneateles from their back deck are incredible! You will not find a prettier sunset view anywhere else on this lake. The breakfasts were wonderful and the ingredients were all local. Anne is a master gardener and is a good source of information about flowers. Her gardens are inspiring. We enjoyed our stay, and the hosts were most informative about places to see on our short visit. I highly recommend staying at the Pine Grove Inn as you will not be disappointed.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John H

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The view is Pristine! Absolutely gorgeous Bed & Breakfast. Immaculate home, rooms, furnishings and attention to detail. Charlie and Ann cook and serve first and second breakfast with local ingredients amazingly! Boris is friendly Neapolitan Mastiff who was a bonus to our stay and he did not bother you during the stay. I felt secure with him around. The rooms each have an unobstructed view of the lake! So gorgeous!!! Imagine waking up to a pristine, clear view of a gorgeous landscape leading up to a lake through private french doors every morning! There is a deck to enjoy wine on or watch the sunset. This B&B is over the top amazing with the view, rooms and company. Each room has private french doors, bathroom, comfortable firm mattress, and a large closet. Ann and Charlie are kind and informative-they make you feel at home. This B&B is so quiet and serene you would never know that it is a few minutes away from the center of town. Breathtaking view! I literally gasped when we came up the road! You will not regret staying here and I will not need to ever go any where else. LOVE THIS B&B!!!

Room Tip: Every room has a pristine view! I stayed in the SW Room. Quiet Room, Comfortable and always stocked...
Warwick, Rhode Island
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My girlfriend and I haven't had a proper vacation in about 2 years, so when it came time to plan we were unsure where to go. With a few friends coming into the Central New York area for weddings, it seemed a logical choice to plan the vacation around the same area so we could meet up. Instead of doing a hotel I had a crazy idea of trying a bed and breakfast. After much debate, figuring out pricing and availability, we ended with deciding to try out the Pine Grove B&B. This was our first experience at a bed and breakfast, so we were not sure what to expect.

Every experience, from start to finish, was completely above expectations that I would bet money that this bed and breakfast gives others in the area a run for their money. When you drive up to the bed and breakfast you get a spectacular view of the Skaneateles Lake. The view rivals that of the town itself and the pictures here do not do it justice. The entire grounds are beautifully maintained. Anne and Charlie are wonderful in explaining the history of the place. Their suggestions on what to do within the town itself were also very helpful, as well as the local area around the town on sites and locations to see.

We had the Southwest room, but every room has a spectacular view of the lake that its hard to imagine which room is better. Glass doors leading to the back of the B&B are a great treat to wake up every morning. The view is absolutely fantastic and made even more personable as they setup chairs in the back to enjoy at anytime. The private bathroom was a great and comforting luxury, supplied with fresh towels every single day. They even take your trash and recycling out the rooms everyday, top notch service if you ask me.

The breakfast was absolutely spectacular. Fresh ingredients from the local area makes you feel more detached from the outside world that you feel as if you are at a 5 star resort. They even gave us one of their recipes for us to try when we went back home. Even the idea of a 2 course meal is alien to me in any setting, but the way Anne and Charlie executed was beautifully done.

The top "treat" for us was Anne and Charlie's dog, Boris. Such a great and beautiful dog we had so much fun with him when he was around us. Such a breed you don't see often, so it was a great added bonus.

As I said in the beginning of this review, this was my girlfiend's and my first experience at a bed and breakfast, but its hard to imagine how any other bed and breakfast could come close to the experience we had here. I know we will visit other bed and breakfast's to get a broader view, but to me this bed and breakfast is the gold standard for all B&B's to follow. Anything less will seem like a missing piece to the top notch caliber B&B that Pine Grove is.

Highest marks all around, recommended to anyone and everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms face the water. Every view is phenomenal. You won't be disappointed.
Westwood, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I were looking for a peaceful place to stay with a view of Skaneateles Lake that didn't have an overly Victorian feel, and The Pine Grove Bed & Breakfast turned out to be perfect! The house sits on 9 acres set on a small hill overlooking the lake, and the house and the view are absolutely gorgeous. Charlie and Anne built a perfect contemporary house to accommodate guests 10 years ago, and have decorated it very tastefully with wonderful attention to detail for their guests. We stayed in their suite which was lovely, spacious and very comfortable. Each of the three rooms has a door leading out to a patio and a grassy area with Adirondack chairs that you can move around. It was perfect for relaxing out back in the late morning and in the evening, watching the sunsets and looking at the stars - so relaxing and beautiful! The breakfasts that they served us were impressively gourmet and delicious, using local, farm fresh ingredients. Anne and Charlie were lovely people to talk to and were very helpful with local recommendations. I would love to return. Late June was a very nice time there to see the beautiful wildflowers in the area and the house's flower garden, and to enjoy the warm, breezy evenings outside. I'm sure that it's very impressive in the fall as well. We had never been to Skaneateles before, and it is a pristine town on a spectacular lake with great access to scenic drives, and wine tasting in the Finger Lakes region. We would highly recommend staying with Anne and Charlie at The Pine Grove Bed & Breakfast!

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 January 2014

What a beautiful bed and breakfast! The view is spectacular, and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. Ann and Charlie cook up the most amazing breakfasts, and they make you feel right at home. There is lots to do in the area if you so choose, and the McElroys are very helpful in providing suggestions and information. We stayed for four nights and had a wonderful relaxing time. Their dog Boris is an added bonus...I wish we could have taken him home.

Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Penfield
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I had never heard of this place or thought of staying here, but we received a gift certificate for a one night stay so booked the Sunday night of this past Columbus day weekend and hoped for the best with the weather.

My wife and I drove from Rochester, NY. That Sunday in Skaneateles was beautiful. After walking around the beautiful little downtown area by the lake for a couple of hour, then having lunch, we drove to the B&B (it is about a 10 minute drive out of town on a rise overlooking the lake). We were greeted in the parking area by Boris, an enormous but friendly black mastiff, who has free reign of the place.

The house is very modern and beautiful - has the look of a ski lodge. Charlie was manning the place alone that weekend - his wife Anne out of town. Charlie was very hospitable and took us to our room - both the Southwest room(which has a TV but just one arm chair) and the Northwest room (no TV but large comfortable sofa) were available, but we selected the latter for the comfort of the couch - no plans to watch TV.

We also took a peek at the fireplace suite - absolutely gorgeous but booked that evening. The rooms were all beautifully furnished and decorated. You felt like you were staying someplace very expensive.

The three rental bedrooms are on the lower level of the house but it is completely open on the lakeside, so you can walk outside from your room, onto a stone covered patio that is underneath the upstairs enormous deck - perfect since it sprinkled that night and we were still able to sit outside in one of the Adirondack chairs both afternoon and late at night, and enjoy a couple of glasses of wine. The upstairs deck is very high above the lower level so you do not feel at all closed in. If you want you can just drag the Adirondack chairs a few feet to the lawn and open sky but I had no desire to do this. The view of the lake is expansive and spectacular. We heard the neighbors when they first came in but they were never noisy and we felt like we had this area of the house to ourselves. Guest also can use the upper deck. There is access through main floor of the house, which is a masterpiece, or there are stairs off the deck coming down to the lower level. We were perfectly happy just staying near our room.

That evening we had a nice dinner in town at the famed Sherwood Inn and then came back for more outdoor sitting and relaxation.

When we returned that evening Charlie asked us what time we wanted breakfast (which is included with our room). My wife is an RN and was scheduled to work that next evening, so we declined, wanting to sleep in and then get a quick start back home so she could get some sleep before her shift. When we left the next morning I could have kicked myself. Charlie was serving breakfast to two other guests as a large table that looked like it had been set for royalty. The aroma of breakfast cooking coming from that kitchen was incredible.

Very nice stay - I would recommend highly as a springboard for touring the area or I could easily envision a romantic weekend, snowbound in winter, leaving only to dine, and spending the time holed up at this place. I would also pay the nominal extra fee for the suite if you can get it - I think he charges $20 to $30 more but I would have happily paid it if it were available.

Room Tip: Get the fireplace suite if available - well worth a few extra dollars
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmo
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I don't think there is any B&B or hotel on Skaneateles Lake that has a better view. All three rooms have an unobstructed and expansive lake views. We stayed in the fireplace suite and it is simply gorgeous. The B&B is about 7 years old and was built as a B&B by the owners, Charlie and Anne. They couldn't have done a better job. The furnishings are beautiful and, unlike so many other B&B's, there isn't a bunch of clutter.

The breakfasts are outstanding. Charlie and Anne work very hard to please their guests without being intrusive. Charlie loaned me his maps and pointed out great places of interest in the area. He even offered to lend his GPS to us.

This is definitely THE place to stay when in the Skaneateles area.

Room Tip: Fireplace Suite is huge and beautiful with a fantastic view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JIMCHI
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skaneateles
Skaneateles Suites
Finger Lakes Lodging
#5 of 7 in Skaneateles
34 State Historic Luxury Suites Skaneateles
Lady of the Lake Bed and Breakfast

Been to Pine Grove Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!