“A little gem”

Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Skaneateles
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed here on a tour from New York to Toronto and found it so good we stayed a few days later on the way back.

The rooms are spotless and the beds are comfortable. The well stocked fridge and food baskets are more than sufficient for a night's stay. We booked rooms with the whirlpool bath, champagne glasses are included and there is an excellent wine shop 2 minutes walk away!

Skaneateles itself is a lovely little village with plenty of interesting shops. It's an excellent place to stop over for a night, or stay longer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David H

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Friendly , quality ,clean,enjoyable,location, are only five words that describe this wonderful little 5 star hotel. Park your car here and walk the town and enjoy the lake without the hassle of finding a place to park. The Hotel is so close to everything.

Room Tip: Stay in Suite 201. We enjoyed the free snacks included.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel was fantastic for my wife and I. It's at the heart of the village of Skaneateles and if you are going there and don't own a lake house, it's petty much the only public spot that has access to the lake. Location is an A+

We got the Jacuzzie room and we were glad we did. As soon as we walked in we were amazed by how clean the room was! It was also a much bigger room than I expected. We were also happy about the complimentary snacks,soda, OJ and coffee. We really felt right at home there. Loved the attention they gave to their guests. The service is amazing, the guest keeper is really friendly and helpful with questions about the area.

Only downside for us were that we felt the need to talk quietly at night, the decore is a little dated and the bed was a bit too firm for our liking.

I am so pleased with everything the boutique hotel had to offer. It's the perfect choice if you're headed to Skaneateles. Great value and better service than the high priced high star Hilton we stayed at days previous to this stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Centrally located in the heart of beautiful Skaneateles, this is a charming and quaint little spot at which to stay. I enjoyed a quiet glass of wine in the rocking chairs on the covered veranda. I look forward to returning for a visit. Marilyn

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Do not take the 4 stars to mean that this was anything but an absolutely wonderful spot. As a travel professional whose work sometimes takes me to extremely high end resorts (Fairmonts, 4-Seasons, mediaeval castles, etc. - that I personally couldn't afford anyway), I believe that 5 stars really need to be reserved for such ultra-luxury, high-amenity properties. Having said that, this place is a quaint, friendly, well located and very, very affordable gem. Can't wait to check out the converted bungalows.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room was nice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed here in May travelling alone on a business trip. This is a tiny little hotel that is actually a renovated house. There are only 5 or 6 rooms in the whole building. I can't say enough good things about it. The rooms are small but comfortable. Housekeeping kept the place spotlessly clean. Jacuzzi tubs in every room, and best of all... windows that open! I almost always have sinus issues after spending even 1 night in a hotel, I stayed here Monday - Friday without a problem. The porch is a great spot to sit in nice weather, just to read a book, drink a beer or work on your computer. The wifi extends out to the porch without a problem. Best of all, it's within easy walking distance to the lake and all the restaurants in town. I'm definitely planning on going back and taking my husband for a weekend later this summer.

Room Tip: No elevator and only 2 floors, so if you've got heavy bags, go for one of the 2 rooms on the fir...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank eileen0862
Reviewed 30 June 2013

What a perfect romantic getaway! We stayed in 201, the jacuzzi room. This boutique hotel is updated, friendly, immaculate, and convenient to the shops just 2 blocks away. There were many nice touches in the room: coffee maker, snacks, coffee, tea, lotions, bathrobes ( which we discovered too late), and tea lites and a rubber duck for the jacuzzi. There is free wifi, ample parking and friendly staff. This place is a great value and a great place. Not a B and B, but better!
I make hotel arrangements when traveling and my husband told me I picked another great place. He was concerned about having a room with a comfy bed, but, he never mentioned it after he entered the room. By the way, there were towel swans on the bed, just like on a cruise ship!

Room Tip: The jacuzzi room, 201, was romantic and quiet,
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skaneateles
2 mi away
Hotel Skyler Syracuse, Tapestry Collection by Hilton
The Gould Hotel
The Gould Hotel
#2 of 4 in Seneca Falls

Been to Skaneateles Suites Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!