“Great food, service and ambiance”
Review of Sherwood Inn

Sherwood Inn
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Sherwood Inn features seasonal menus rooted in Classic American fare. Sherwood Classic items such as the Yankee Pot Roast and Baked Scrod Christopher are available year round, while our chefs change other seasonal entree selections based on the market availability of the freshest seafood, finest steaks and chops, and freshest locally grown produce. The menu often showcases several food and beverage options which are produced in New York State. A wide selection of Finger Lakes wine appear on our Wine Spectator Magazine award winning wine list.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We chose, what turned out to be, a busy Saturday night to visit Skaneateles and enjoy dinner at the Sherwood Inn. We ate in the tavern and while they had wedding and graduation parties; we had delicious meals and superior service. We even met the owner and his wife who time to chat with us. It was so relaxing - a perfect mini-vacation as we drove an hour and half to get there. It was well worth the drive!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We decided to return to the Sherwood Inn to celebrate my son's graduation. This entailed booking several months in advance! They put me on a waiting list and did honor the early booking. The Inn has a very nice ambience - it was very busy the evening of the visit, but the tables are spaced out well, and the table for 6 we had was very large. Service was a little spotty, but it was a very full restaurant. Our party had the calamari and salads to start, which were enjoyed. I had the smoked seafood risotto which was very good in both taste and texture, and was not too huge a portion. My one suggestion is that the Ladies Bathroom is inadequate particularly when there are this many guests.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Sherwood is a welcoming hotel that offers a great bar and dinning room. One of the very best stops in town.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We were here for a wedding on May 5. I have to admit, I'm always a little bit worried about how the food will be at a wedding. Well, the Sherwood Inn has the best wedding meal I've ever eaten (and that's saying something). Everything was cooked to order and my steak was really very good. It is the first time I've ever come close to eating everything on my plate for a main course. Well done, Sherwood Inn, well done.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Had very basic food because of dietary restrictions. But the space is great and the food I ate was good but not great. I had the wedge salad and it wasn't anything that was expecting. Plus it was over dressed, making it limp and mushy.

1  Thank BigApple720