“Quaint but may be a tad expensive”
Review of Sherwood Inn

Sherwood Inn
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Sherwood Inn features seasonal menus rooted in Classic American fare. Sherwood Classic items such as the Yankee Pot Roast and Baked Scrod Christopher are available year round, while our chefs change other seasonal entree selections based on the market availability of the freshest seafood, finest steaks and chops, and freshest locally grown produce. The menu often showcases several food and beverage options which are produced in New York State. A wide selection of Finger Lakes wine appear on our Wine Spectator Magazine award winning wine list.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at the Sherwood Inn on a Thursday night and avoided the summer weekend craziness. Skaneateles is lovely on a beautiful day. Our room was on the second floor in the rear of the hotel. It had a sitting room in addition to a large bedroom and good-sized a to with a jacuzzi tub. The floors were uneven and creaked which added to the room's charm. The bed was comfortable but also squeaked and creaked whenever we moved. The television was so small I could hardly see it when lying on the bed. That definitely needs to be upgraded. The room came with breakfast and free wifi which delivered good service. Other than the view while sitting on the porch, the breakfast was nothing special. The inn is very old which adds to it's character but the stair railing was way too low for me and I am only 5'4" tall. Since the stairs are old and uneven, the railing may be necessary for most to hold onto, so be mindful of that if you have any issues with stairs. I travel often and have stayed in many, many hotels in pricier locations than Skaneateles, NY. So, $250 for this room seemed a bit high to me. Also, route 20 is very noisy so, if you aren't committed to having a lake view room, I'd opt for a room on the quieter back side if the inn.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This has all of the qualities of a great restaurant: Great view, great ambiance and great food.
The ambiance of this restaurant fits nicely into the village of Skaneateles on the lake. The service was prompt and professional. The food is great and reasonably priced for a fine dining restaurant.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had a Saturday evening 7 p.m. reservation for which we were seated after just a few minutes wait. I was excited to be seated on the enclosed front porch where there was a nice view of the lake (though be warned it is across a busy street that can be noisy depending on the traffic. The excitement faded quickly as we discovered we were just about 8 feet away from the DJ's speakers for a wedding reception in "another" room; separated only by an interior french door. Music was enjoyable, but loud and conversation...not so much. The light show flashed across my husbands face, which turned out to be my entertainment for the evening. We should have asked to move but, the place was packed; our own error. My husband ordered a beer and she brought out a bottle, no glass, he gets offered a glass at Applebees, so where you pay 34 bucks for a strip steak (I'll get to that) you'd expect to be offered a glass. Not sure our waitress was well trained. I ordered a Boston style strip steak (small plate special) $23. sounded great. My husband - a wedge salad and prime rib. Minutes later she returned to say they were out of the special. Mind you at about 7:10 p.m. the height of the dinner hour they were out of their whopping two dinner special offerings! I could have my choice of their other steaks...for a mere eleven dollars more I got a strip steak full size with the same special potato offering, but apparently the Boston (garlic and sauce) trimmings were unavailable. Waitress, Lyndsay, did return for a second drink order within the additional after forty five minute wait and then finally, happily trotted out with our dinners. What about the salad we asked ...oh the kitchen hadn't called her in for it!! She did however remember to remove it from the bill. The beef selections were "meh, okay" as my husband put it and the blue cheese potatoes were salty as heck. My veg. (asparagus) was great. I won't return for dinner again. For the atmosphere I might try a lunch or breakfast, but for the money I could never recommend for dinner.

4  Thank gottaeat2
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stayed in the partner property Packwood House but had breakfast at the Sherwood Inn which was lovely and tasty.
Some of our group stayed at this lodging and enjoyed their stay also. Great setting

Reviewed 26 May 2014

3 of us went for lunch. 2 of us had the Reuben with German potato salad and one of us had the Caesar salad with Salmon, large size. I guess the salad was good though the Salmon was minimal. My Reuben was openfaced and outstanding and the German potato salad was good too!