“great staff, charming lunch spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sherwood Inn
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Groups, View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Sherwood Inn features seasonal menus rooted in Classic American fare. Sherwood Classic items such as the Yankee Pot Roast and Baked Scrod Christopher are available year round, while our chefs change other seasonal entree selections based on the market availability of the freshest seafood, finest steaks and chops, and freshest locally grown produce. The menu often showcases several food and beverage options which are produced in New York State. A wide selection of Finger Lakes wine appear on our Wine Spectator Magazine award winning wine list.
NM USA
“great staff, charming lunch spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had two lunches at the Sherwood, sitting in the front rooms with a great view of the lake. The crab stuffed sole special was very good, and the small spinach salad with salmon makes a very nice, filling meal. The staff were friendly, courteous, professional and attentive - we both remarked on the quality of the wait staff. The Inn has a warm, comfortable, casually elegant feel. Tour bus groups show up, but they are nicely handled in separate dining rooms.
You can make lunch reservations for a table by the windows with a view of the lake.

• Visited July 2014

• Korean first
East Amherst, New York
“Simple Elegance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our experience at this restaurant has always been very good. This trip was no different. The extensive menu offers apps, salads, seafood, steaks, and many other options. If you are not sure about an entree, ask your wait staff. My wife wanted a seafood dish but did not want one of the included items. The chef had no problem meeting her wishes. Our meals came out looking extraordinary and tasted great as well. Desserts are also verity good and reasonably priced. Portion sizes are good and flavors are great. Service was very good and did not rush our meal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Third time not such a charm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Once a year for the past three we are in Skaneatles and have visited The Sherwood for lunch. This year wasn't as nice as first two. My asparagus quiche was one of the specials. Their quiche is large have to give them that but the asparagus was very woody and I found it inedible. There were three of us who met to shop in the village. We shared two desserts. Their Hummingbird cake was just excellent. Yum! We will meet to shop again next summer and I'm hoping all three meals will be as good as I know they can be.

3 Thank Manatee1965
New York, NY
“Needs a Refresh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

The food was fairly average and less inspiring for the high price point. The fish tasted a little off - if I'm being honest I think they could do with a menu refresh and edit it down significantly. I love the ambiance - dark and cozy tavern - but the food needs a bit of TLC. We went with a group of 6 and I think we all left a bit disappointed.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank islabery
“Great value, yummy food and a superb location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The Sherwood Inn is one of my favorite restaurants. The food is always good and reasonably priced and the menu is varied - there is something for everyone. I am a huge fan of their dynamite calamari which just melts in your mouth. Everything I have tried on their menu is delicious. I have never been disappointed. Do yourself a favor and visit this restaurant - it's great tavern food.