“Quality Meal Well Worth Every Penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sherwood Inn

Sherwood Inn
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, View, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Sherwood Inn features seasonal menus rooted in Classic American fare. Sherwood Classic items such as the Yankee Pot Roast and Baked Scrod Christopher are available year round, while our chefs change other seasonal entree selections based on the market availability of the freshest seafood, finest steaks and chops, and freshest locally grown produce. The menu often showcases several food and beverage options which are produced in New York State. A wide selection of Finger Lakes wine appear on our Wine Spectator Magazine award winning wine list.
“Quality Meal Well Worth Every Penny!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Take the time to get to this HIGH QUALITY, SUPERIOR SERVICE, HIGH CLASS, perfect menu!! You must have this experience on your bucket list!

Visited August 2014

• Korean first
Mt. Cobb, Pennsylvania
“Like Stepping Back in Time”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Flooding closed part of the NY Thruway from Buffalo to Syracuse so our trip home took an unexpected path. Around lunch time we were in Skaneateles NY (pronounced Skinny Atlas). As we passed the Sherwood Inn my wife made me go around the block for a parking space so we could check it out. It's a little like stepping back in time. This place is old and looks it but is in great shape. Even though it seemed packed we were seated immediately. Our server was great. As we looked over our menus we checked out all the food going by and everything looked delicious. My wife opted for the Yankee (melt in your mouth) pot roast. I chose the open faced turkey melt with sweet potato fries. The food was excellent and the local beer our server recommended really complemented it.

1 Thank TrayBN
Syracuse, New York
“a table on the porch is best”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The porch over looks the lake so a very nice view can be enjoyed. The food may be the best in the village! And even give some in Syracuse a contest too! Great stop for a late lunch. Small but cozy bar especially during the winter. Off the street parking is available in the back of the inn, with a parking lot entrance. Also as you walk from the parking lot to the inn to your right is a wonderful bakery!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Steve E
pompano in February
“Quality of food has declined”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Skaneateles is one of my favourite small towns to visit and we go there a couple of times a year.
Was very excited about going to lunch and dinner at the Sherwood where I estimate I have eaten there at leas thirty times.
Used to love eating at the Sherwood Inn, service is still great and atmosphere is wonderful, but the quality of food has certainly declined. We were there in late April and I was disappointed with the food and decided I would try something different on the menu when we were there last Thursday and Friday, once again I was disappointed with the quality of the food.
Menu prices have increased which I don't mind, but I would have expected the quality of the food to remain the same which it has not. Hope it improves for my next visit or it may be my last

4 Thank MXF450
Orland Park, Illinois
“The view, the staff excellent, the food is good but...”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We visit every summer and sometimes other times of the year. We have been here at least 4 times this month, with a variety of family and friends. I miss the dark pumpernickel bread they used to serve. Last fall I was hoping the little brown rolls were just a temporary thing, but this summer, we were served a raisin bread, focaccia, and the traditional white stretch bread which is always delicious. The focaccia was really salty and ruined the flavor that could have been acceptable, the raisin bread just seemed a step down from the pumpernickel. If you look at the photos on here, the bread is prominently featured in several! We miss it!

Ok, the Sherwood Salad is always good and they are always wonderful about accommodating special requests. This season I have been enjoying the lunch size portion with a steak kabob and it is delicious! Another favorite is the roasted turkey and bacon melt which is to much for one person and we always end up taking half home. The reuben was okay this time, but after one member of our group tried several this trip he determined that they just make them different on this coast.

The servers are excellent and the ambiance on the porch is wonderful when the windows are open and you can feel the breeze from the lake. Please remove your hat when eating in here! The tavern is a warm and cozy setting, the bar lively. We were seated once at a small table in the bar, which was quite cramped by the bar customers, so avoid that if you can. Grab a drink, order the Yankee Pot Roast and you can't go wrong.. but please bring back the brown bread!