“Doug 's Fish Fry is not to be missed.”
Review of Doug's Fish Fry

Doug's Fish Fry
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Skaneateles
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Comments from people around me says it best. "The fish is so good... It's fresh and flaky.... the breading is so light.... not greasy." Similar comments about shrimp, scallops, clams and oysters can be made. The owners brag about the freshness of their seafood and how frequently the oil is changed.....and it shows. This is one of the few places that I can eat "fried" seafood and still feel good after the meal. Definitely a place to visit.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I had the fish and onion dinner and my wife had the scallops dinner. Both were excellent. We will rave to all our friends about this jewel.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

You know it is good when the locals eat there . Doug's is a busy place especially on a Friday evening. The place is casual, you place your order at the counter and wait for your name is called. The fish dinner is EXCELLENT! Not greasy and the piece of fish is huge. It could easily be shared. Dinner comes with fries or onion rings and a very good coleslaw.The soups are well worth a try also. They are tasty, hot and hearty. The dining room can be a bit noisy when it is busy it is not so overwhelming that you cannot carry on a conversation easily. The wait staff is competent and . If you are in the area, Doug's is a great place to eat.

1  Thank Joanne C
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Great food, friendly employees, seating indoors is always very clean, prices are decent, and food comes out as fast as they can make it! Always a long line when I go, but always worth the wait!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

We smelled the odors emanating from Doug's as we walked along the street.They were seductive.
A walk through the door revealed a really comfortable and friendly place.A lot of locals, a big mural along the wall, lots of wood and model trains running around the ceiling.THEY WERE BUSY!
We ordered lobsters,french fries and cole slaw. Succulent,succulent,succulent. I try cole slaw everywhere I go.This is the BEST I've ever had.
The staff was friendly and competent.
In Central New York,where the food is pretty average on average,this was a stand out.Doug's was far better than the food at the Sherwood Inn,although the inn was a delightful place to stay.
The only negative for me was plastic tableware--next time I bring my own utensils.There will be a next time and I can't wait.