“A true supper club”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We really enjoyed our evening at Mandana Inn, a couple of miles out of Skaneateles downtown. Although the interior could be upgraded a bit, it is apparent the new chef is working hard back there in the kitchen. Along with the standard fare for supper clubs there were some excellent additions, including one of the daily specials of a 1 pound lobster, which my husband had. Service was a bit scattered and slow but I'd go back and will recommend to friends.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

The food was excellent and there was alot of it. I am not convinced that you can put fish on a Reuben sandwich and still call it a Reuben, but local tradition dictates!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

A favorite of my husband and me, we like to go on Sunday afternoons and visit with all the locals. James is doing a wonderful job, taking over the restaurant and bringing in a new chef with fresh and interesting takes on the old stand-bys. Know for their yummy scrod, my new favorite is the fried green tomato sandwich, a layer of corn bread, pork and fried green tomato that is really delicious! I have been going to this restaurant for thirty years and it have always had consistently good meals.

1  Thank askeydesign
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We had been at Anyela's winery and decided to complete the evening with dinner at Mandana Inn. We were greeted at the door by the owner and he seated us immediately. Our orders were taken ASAP. Food was delicious. We selected a scallop dinner and an entree salad with beets and peaches. The salad was unusual but was a real hit.... a relish tray , bread and salad come with most entrees. The dining room is very relaxing and the wait staff is super.

1  Thank CapeSkan
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We had eaten at this restaurant about 15 years ago and found it to be okay but nothing that you would rush back to. Now under new ownership, we decided to try it again. What a wonderful surprise! For those who liked the old menu, specializing in steaks and seafood, many of the old favorites are still there. Added in, however, are some new, more upscale dishes with specials featured each night. On the evening we were there, we tried the seasonal special appetizer of fried green tomatoes. They were delectable, served with arugula on top and a delicious piquant sauce. I had pan seared scallops which were as good as any I have ever had and my husband had the wild salmon served with a creamy polenta, also outstanding. Our server was very friendly and attentive even though she was very busy that night. We also loved that the meal was served at a moderate pace so that the next dish wasn't appearing on the table as soon as the previous one disappeared. There was time to digest and savor every course before the next one was served. We had a wonderful evening and definitely will return again!

1  Thank mek99