“Excellent stay at Redd Rose Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skaneateles
Redd Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 14 Skaneateles B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We recently spent one night at this B&B. It was clean and comfortable. One of the nicest we have stayed at - John and Rose are wonderful hosts. We found it to be so relaxing - I didn't want to leave the next day!! Hope to return again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Redd Rose Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Redd Rose is an invitingly unpretentious B&B in the heart of the Finger Lakes which, by the way, accepts reservations for one-night stays. Most establishments in this popular tourist area require a two-night minimum, especially on weekends. Thankfully, the Redd Rose is situated a bit off the beaten path, therefore, guests are assured of a quiet and restful stay in a region that can be quite bustling.

Warmly welcomed by our hosts, Rose and John, we immediately felt at home. This 1850’s farmhouse maintains its rural identity reflected in its wide wood-planked floors and country furnishings. The cozy, enclosed front porch invites the visitor to bird-watch or stargaze, and the sun-lit sitting room is perfectly designed for quiet reading. We stayed in The Lake Country Room furnished with antiques and which looks out upon a peaceful, pastoral scene. We found it both roomy and comfortable. From a small deck accessible from the second-floor hallway (where the three guest rooms are situated), one can sit back and appreciate the beautifully maintained grounds and gardens.

Waking up early, we were delighted to find that an ample supply of coffee had already been delivered outside our bedroom door. We eased into our morning enjoying the enticing aromas of breakfast being prepared in the first floor kitchen below. A charmingly-set table graced the dining room where, upon entering, guests found freshly sliced fruit, Rose’s signature home-made scones and juice. We were then served a delicious hot breakfast that was freshly prepared and thoroughly satisfying. When Rose and John learned that we would be bicycling through the area after checking out, Rose packed up a supply of scones for us to enjoy after our ride!

Rose and John are thoughtful hosts who naturally exemplify the best of the B&B experience--their guests come away knowing they were looked after like “members of the family!”

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 26 May 2014

John & Rose are a sweet couple who quickly made my wife, my parents, & I feel right at home. We recommend staying at the Redd Rose if you are looking for a relaxing & comfortable stay in the finger lakes area.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Redd Rose B&B in Skaneateles NY and I have to say it is the BEST B&B in central NY. Rose and John Warakomski, the proprietors are outstanding hosts and Roses's culinary skills are top notch. If you are headed up to the Finger Lakes region of NY and want an outstanding place to stay you will love the Redd Rose B&B !

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Charlie9862
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My daughter and I were up for my son's graduation in Cortland and I waited too long to book a place in town. Luckily, Rose and John had a room available! They were very accomodating to our crazy schedule and the nicest couple you ever want to meet. The room was cozy, delicious breakfast and peaceful surroundings!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed with Rose and John for one night. They are friendly and welcoming hosts. They provided us with lots of information about the surroundings. We also enjoyed the company of Flip (the cat)! The area around the b&b is very quiet and relaxing. Yummy breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at this B&B for one night in May due to a shortage of rooms in the Syracuse area due to Syracuse University graduation. I was in Syracuse for a softball tournament and I picked this B&B based on the Tripadvisor reviews. All of the reviews that I read were completely accurate. The owners, John and Rose, were warm and welcoming and made me feel right at home. The location was perfect! It was easy to find, a short drive from the Village of Skaneateles, and the scenery was beautiful. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very soundly. The breakfast was delicious! Wonderful french toast, sausage, fruit with oats, brown sugar, and shredded coconut, and delicious blueberry scones and cinnamon roll. The breakfast was freshly prepared and served with juice, water, and coffee. I thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful breakfast and chatting with Rose while I ate. The coffee outside my room in the AM was a nice touch and very much appreciated. The sitting room was a wonderful place to have a cup of coffee and read a magazine. The restaurant recommendations made by Rose and John were spot-on and I enjoyed my dinner in the village. Skaneateles is a wonderful place to visit, very relaxing and scenic, yet only about a 40 minute, scenic drive to Syracuse. I will definitely return to Skaneateles and I will bring my husband with me next time for a relaxing, romantic weekend at the Redd Rose Bed and Breakfast. The room rates were very reasonable and I would highly recommend this B&B for anyone looking for a peaceful, relaxing, romantic getaway!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skaneateles
Skaneateles Suites
Finger Lakes Lodging
#5 of 7 in Skaneateles
Lady of the Lake Bed and Breakfast
34 State Historic Luxury Suites Skaneateles

Been to Redd Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!