“Superb Sherwood Service”
Review of Sherwood Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Skaneateles
Sherwood Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Skaneateles
Essex
“Superb Sherwood Service”
Reviewed 8 June 2007

We stayed at The Sherwood Inn in Skaneateles for the second time in May and it was every bit as good as we remembered it. It is a charming hotel with a more personal feel to it than the larger chain hotels. The free continental breakfast exceeded my expectations with a wonderful choice of pastries from the pattisserie behindi the hotel, scrambled egg, cheese, ham, bread, fresh fruit, cereals etc - all served up in the beautiful porch area facing Lake Skaneateles.

Both times we've stayed there the rooms have been excellent and well furnished. I hope to return again next year.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2007

My wife and I stayed one night in early May and are definitely planning a return visit. The rooms are all individualized with different antique furniture, some equipped with fireplaces. Ours was large and extremely clean and comfortable. Bathroom was very clean and modern. Breakfast was included in the price, an added bonus! Beautiful place.

• Liked — its uniqueness
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 17 May 2007

My husband and I stayed here recently and were underwhelmed. The place felt TIRED. The wall-to-wall carpeting in our room was bunching up and frayed, there were crumbs on the carpet next to the bed as though no one had vacuumed, and the lobby smelled of old fish (from the adjoining restaurant). The unappetizing breakfast in the morning consisted of warmed-up leftovers from what appeared to be last night's dinner at the restaurant, and a fruit salad that was brown from age. Since there was no elevator or bell hop, we had to carry our luggage up two flights of stairs. I can't believe this is a "Select Registry" property--it does not match the level of quality of the other SR places we've visited. Finally, because the hotel is on a busy highway, we couldn't open the windows in our room because it would have been too noisy, and the view isn't as pretty as it would be if the hotel were directly on the lake. We'd definitely stay elsewhere next time.

The one bright spot in our stay: Rosalie's Cucina! We had one of the best meals of our lives there!

• Liked — whirlpool tub
  • Disliked — tired quality of the whole place
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank musician1
Italy
Reviewed 21 August 2006

During our holidays at Finger lakes in early August, 2006, my fiancé and I have been advised by some American friends of us not to miss the Skaneateles lake. Now I can say that advice was appropriate: lovely place, clean water, no fast food or glittering sign. We decided to ask for a room at the Sherwood Inn after the first glance; we got a queen size room with lake view.
I don’t need to describe the room, look their website. The rooms are as shown, even better (you can smell the wood!). Very clean.
The cost? $147 tax included, great value for money. Definitely recommended

• Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nicperni
Syracuse, ny
Reviewed 15 June 2006

The sherwood Inn provided my fiance and I with a beautifully appointed suite that allowed for a lovely romantic weekend. Worlds removed from cookie cutter hotels, The sherwood presents s a sense of historical class.
we greatly enjoyed our stay and would recomend it to anyone looking for a high-end accomodations and service.

• Stayed February 2005
2 Thank hitchcos
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 April 2006

I stayed here one night, When i went to get a drink from the bar the woman bartender was only paying attention to the men, finally a guy said something to her and i was able to order a drink after having stood there a few minutes. Then when i took my drink up to my room i realized that there was stuff floating around in my drink.
The next morning between 8 & 8:30 i was woke up by what sounded like someone slamming dresser drawers, which went on for a good half hour, so needless to say i never was able to get back to sleep, I ended up leaving shortly after that and i made mention of the disturbance to the lady at the desk and i received a book with a coupon in case i chose to stay at another bed & breakfast, which i didn't feel made up for the disturbance, as i will probably not be going to another place like that, I think being that the place seems to have a good reputation and in such a prestigious area, i was expecting a better treatment then what i got. I have never stayed at a place and had to worry about my sleep being disturbed so early in the morning by a bunch of banging, totally classless!

• Stayed February 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Auburn, NY
Reviewed 23 March 2006

We put some of our customers and sales force up at the Sherwood Inn and had 11 of us for dinner. The service was excellent and the food was fabulous. We had crab cakes, ahi tuna, porcini mushroom appetizer, the lamb racks and filet mignon. The desserts were scrumptious! Our guests loved staying there and thought the ambiance was terrific. The newly renovated dining room and bar are very warm and welcoming. We always know we can count on a perfect evening from the great staff at Sherwood Inn. It's a nice treat for out of town guests. A must try for anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed March 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank lovethecaribbean23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skaneateles
Skaneateles Suites
#5 of 7 in Skaneateles
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn
Inn at the Finger Lakes
Mirbeau Inn & Spa Skaneateles

Been to Sherwood Inn? Share your experiences!