“Atmosphere is Great”
Review of The Garage Eatz - CLOSED

The Garage Eatz
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We enjoyed our first dining experience here on a very quiet Wednesday afternoon in December. Our server Sara was amazing! She was attentive, yet not intrusive. The food was absolutely wonderful! All food here is prepared on site, and whenever possible local products are used. I started with an organic Reisling from Hosmer winery on Cayuga Lake...and I was completely sold. It was so smooth!
We each had salads. I had a "Garage" salad which was delicious, and my friend had Smokey Chicken Salad. We even got to try those Garlic Knots everyone talks about...yummy!
We didn't have plans for dessert, but when I saw the Peanut Butter Honker and my friend heard there was Key Lime Custard we ended up getting it. Fabulous, just like the rest of the meal!
The menu changes frequently at The Garage, so it is always a unique experience.
We go out to lunch together at a new place once a month-but we have already decided to return here again for our January lunch, and I'm pretty sure my friend would like to make this our permanent lunch dining place!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We've been to The Garage before and are never disappointed. My adult daughter has celiac disease so we love that The Garage recognizes that there are people in the area who need to follow a gluten-free diet for medical, not just personal, reasons. This is my daughter's favorite gluten-free pizza in the area. We also noticed that on this visit, The Garage offered gluten-free brownies, which we purchased. These are good, too; quite chocolate-y and would be great warmed up with ice cream if you take them to go, as we did. They were served with both fudge and caramel sauces and the brownie portions were huge. We look forward to dining here again soon!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Don't forget about the convenient take out door in the back of the Garage! You can order from the full menu. On this visit we had pizza. One pizza is enough for two adults, but order a whole one for a hungry boy. Both the Tuscan and the cheese were equally good!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Placed in an old vehicle repair garage, The Garage (apptly named) is a true find in Skaneateles. Not a fern bar or trying to be something it isn't for the sake of being one of the many, The Garage serves up quality food in a great atmosphere. Close proximity seating means you may hear the conversation next door, but it's not so close it's intrusive (seating for large groups or just two, and it works for either). One menu shows specials made from local produce; another, the fare you know will be there week in and week out. All of it works. Starts you off with garlic knots and drinks (good, not great, selection of beer and wine). Appetizers are delicious (mozz wedges were a hit with us) and food selection is outstanding for the variety. Get off the beaten path and hit this place, you won't be sorry.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We eat at The Garage quite often and enjoy sharing one of their interesting variety of pizzas and a garage salad or one of their Italian specialties. However, on our last visit I decided to try the pork shanks with apple chutney and braised greens. It was delicious! I can't wait to try some of the other seasonal specialties that Jamie creates from now on.
Thanks for adding such variety to your menu now.