“Gracious and fun host and well cared for B&B”
Review of Arbor House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Skaneateles
Arbor House Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Skaneateles B&B and Inns
McLean, Virginia
“Gracious and fun host and well cared for B&B”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

The host was so engaging as he gave us a tour after his fabulous breakfast feast! The room was lovely -- so clean and well appointed -- and overlooked the stream. The inn is walking distance to the village that is full of shopping opportunities.

Room Tip: I prefer the house in the back since the rooms are newer and the ones in the arbor house itself sma...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deandebuck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
New Paltz, New York
Reviewed 12 October 2013

While passing through Skaneateles I happened The Arbor House Inn. It's located on a quiet side street. My room was Pinot, it was in the old 1850 barn. Hard to believe it was once a barn. I had a wonderful of the stream. Wayne my host was helpful in giving my ideas for dinning places. The breakfast the next morning by Mason was just wonderful. He made eggs to order, offered us sausage or corn beef hash. Wayne went out of his way to show me more rooms, for when I return. I'm looking forward to returning in December for Dicken's days. Thank You again Wayne, My VERY BEST to You and Mason. Morty

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Morty C
Donora, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I recently spent four nights at the Arbor House Inn. It was my first experience with a B&B, and it was wonderful. My room was so comfortable and pretty. I had a stained-glass door on my bathroom, which was truly elegant. Our host, Wayne, was very accommodating and went out of his way to be helpful. He is a great cook. He prepared delicious breakfasts and baked-goods, which were available all day. The pumpkin roll was heavenly! I would recommend the Arbor House anytime. I hope to get back there soon!

Fran E, PA

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Fran E
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I definitely recommend this place! I rented the entire 6 room back building at the Arbor House Inn last month for a four day "girls weekend". The back building is a completely renovated barn that would be great for a wedding party or reunion.

We absolutely loved the place. We had a wonderful time during our stay. All the rooms are nicely decorated with comfortable beds. Since we had the entire building to ourselves, we congregated in the big fully equipped kitchen off the Bella Rose room. While the Inn offers breakfast, there were mornings where some of the guests chose to eat in the Bella Rose kitchen instead. We sat out on the deck off the Bella Rose room at night.

You are within walking distance to everything the village of Skaneateles has to offer. Just park your car and forget about it for your stay. Some guests just sat on the deck or in the yard and read while others shopped in the village just a few blocks away.

Wayne was very accommodating. I went back twice to look over the rooms BEFORE my guests arrived to make sure that I knew what was in each one. I have since heard back from my guests, all of whom thoroughly enjoyed their stay in the Arbor House Inn.

Room Tip: If you want a fully equipped kitchen and an outside deck, rent the first floor Bella Rose room. It c...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank lynne b
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Arbor House and the accommodations could not have been better. Super clean, home-cooked full breakfast daily. We wouldn't stay anywhere else the next time we visit the area. The location relative to town is within walking distance.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We booked our stay here on a whim to take a mini vacation after dropping our Freshman son at Syracuse University. Not only did our stay here provide us with a nice diversion from our "empty nest" syndrome, we also felt totally relaxed and satisfied with our choice of accommodations. The Arbor House Inn was in a perfect location to walking downtown, which we took full advantage of in the long run. We were booked to stay two nights (Fri. & Sat.) but ran into unexpected car trouble on Saturday afternoon. We were lucky enough to find help to get our car fixed but unfortunately it would require an extra nights stay in Skaneateles. Luckily for us our host Wayne was super accommodating, not only being able to provide us with the extra night, but shifting new guests to a similar room so that we did not have to move for the extra night stay!! We greatly appreciated Wayne's help and understanding of our dilemma; what could have been an amazingly stressful situation instead remained a peaceful stay in beautiful Skaneateles. The great location of the Arbor House Inn allowed us to enjoy our extended stay even without transportation.The day we checked out we were even able to walk to the car repair place and not worry about our belongings since Wayne continued to provide us great care. The personal service and care (and yummy breakfasts) made us feel fortunate that we had definitely picked the right place to stay in Skaneateles. Since our son will be at SU for at least the next 4 years we are definitely planning to stay again at the Arbor House Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Verona, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was our first time visiting Skaneateles and we like staying at the Arbor House soo much this past August that we are looking to stay again to celebrate my birthday with our friends later this Fall. The owner was so kind and accommodating. The rooms are nicely appointed, clean and comfortable. What more could you ask for? We really enjoyed our stay -- a favorite...the yard swing for relaxing, reading a book or just enjoying some solitude.

Room Tip: We loved the Merlot room in the back building. The other rooms there are equally nice from what we...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skaneateles
Skaneateles Suites
#5 of 7 in Skaneateles
Inn at the Finger Lakes
34 State Historic Luxury Suites Skaneateles
Hummingbird's Home Bed and Breakfast

Been to Arbor House Inn? Share your experiences!