“A Wonderful B &B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sloansville
Stone Rose Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Sloansville B&B and Inns
Washington, Pennsylvania
“A Wonderful B &B”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We received a very warm and friendly welcome from Lynda and Fran on arriving, but then it became even better as our room was beautifully decorated,comfortable and clean. There was an extensive menu for breakfast and it was expertly prepared and delicious. Our hosts had knowledge and history of the area. We had a substantial evening treat, for a stay that was the best B & B we have ever experienced.
Carl & Katherine M.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We have traveled extensively through Asia, Europe and South America and really found this place to be home. We love coming to Stone Rose B&B. The vibe is a grand country estate with awesome food and grounds.

We love taking walks around the massive acres of property.
The victorian gardens are a beautiful botanical experience in the spring and summer time.

The key elements which make this accommodation amazing are the hospitality, decor, housekeeping, value, setting and delicious breakfasts.

The bed and rooms are exceptionally comfortable and immacatulcy clean.
There are also amazing restaurants within driving distance.

Here is what we have done on one of our many visits:
Cooperstown, Howe Caverns, Farmers Markets, Antiquing, Wine tasting & Horseback Riding.

I have recommended Stone Rose B&B to many of my friends and colleagues.

An A +++ experience!
You can expect the best!

Room Tip: The suite is a double room overlooking water feature.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed 27 July 2013

"I was working in the area when I decided to stay at a nearby Bed and Breakfast. I'd like to share the magical morning I experienced at Stone Rose. As I descended the stairs, I could smell the aroma from Lynda's cooking for all her guests. She welcomed me into her kitchen. Lynda has a way of hers that makes you feel so special. She explained how she had cooked the salmon and asparagus. There was plenty of it if I was interested in adding it to my breakfast order. I did try the asparagus...it was delicious, so I had the salmon as well...that was also so very good. When I finished, I had the special oatmeal and the peasant bread which was waiting for me. I think it's the country air that makes everything taste so very good, or simply Lynda's wonderful cooking ability.

After breakfast, I took my coffee out onto the charming, expansive porch. The yard looked so beautiful, green gently rolling lawns (thanks to Frances' mowing) with the flower garden in full bloom. The only sound I heard was the crow talking and a few other birds chirping to one another. It was so utterly peaceful and beautiful. When the rain ended, I headed out to explore the fields. I told my wife that next time I come back, she has to come with me to experience the magic!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bernard T
Utica, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Are you ready for the ultimate pampering and relaxing experience? My sister and I just spent 2 amazing nights at The Stone Rose. We chose it especially for the location and found it quite close to many Mohawk Valley historic sites- half hour or less. It's a gorgeous Victorian mansion which was actually rebuilt from an earlier residence, so it has all of the charm of an older home, but all the modern conveniences. The room was very cool and comfortable despite intense heat and humidity.The owners have gone overboard decorating the home, a real treat for the eyes. Chuck, Linda and her Mom, Frances, are your super- accommodating hosts and are history/genealogy lovers as well-check out the library!! The garden and grounds are astounding as well, although with our short stay, unfortunately, we did not get the chance to view up-close. Save your appetite for breakfast, you surely have not had one as delicious , as fresh, or as varied, as this, in a very long while. You may not need lunch, as we did not. The owners have truly put their heart and soul into this place, and it is highly recommended. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in the garden suite.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank maliksmom
Rotterdam Junction, New York
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Elegant and extraordinary, yet with an unpretentious and relaxed feeling of a house filled with family love. Stone Rose Inn is, on all levels, the best B&B my husband and I have had the pleasure of visiting!
Upon arrival, Lynda and Miss Frances greeted us each by name, and with smiles and welcoming gestures that immediately seemed to be saying, ‘Welcome home!’ From that moment on, that’s exactly how we felt. We soon met Lynda’s husband, Chuck, who echoed the welcoming greetings, and shared the warm feelings of home.
We stayed in the Garden Room, which was beautifully decorated and immaculate! The crystal clear window pane to the garden view, gave the feeling of sitting on a private balcony, overlooking the estate. Yet it only gave a glimpse of the beautiful property as we found on an afternoon hike. As we toured the house and property, it became quite evident that this beautiful B&B has been a family labor of love. Each of our hosts seemed to have a wealth of knowledge, history, and a story or two, attached to the property and every item in the home. The attention to detail is impeccable. The food plentiful, with lovely treats appearing from time to time, ‘just in case you might be a bit hungry from your hike’. For breakfast we enjoyed, Stone Rose Eggs Benedict, was a such a work of art..(we took pictures)!
The newly appointed gift shop, also holds beautiful items, old and new. Many with a story of their own, making you want to bring them into your home, to share the stories, with those you love.
Clearly, Stone Rose Inn is a Bed and Breakfast you need to experience to truly understand the gifts it offers. Denise and Dave, Rotterdam. Jct., NY

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Upstate NY
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Location of this B&B is it's biggest challenge. Although easy to find, it is quite far into the country, which was not a problem for us, although it did get tedious quickly being so far from everything. The actual road the B&B is on (located at the very end) takes you past a patch of very run down mobile homes, which is unfortunate as the countryside is pretty.

Be advised that cell phone service in this location is unpredictable at best. I had to go outdoors and stand by the edge of the little pond to get reception. Innkeepers will offer you the use of the Inns phone if you need to make calls, and I believe there is wireless available. My husband was only able to catch a signal once during our stay.

My compliments to the Innkeepers, all very wonderful and charming people. This family will absolutely bend over backwards for you! I honestly don't know when I've met such terrific people. The home is very nice, and the food tasty.. If TA allowed for an incremental rating I would rate a 3.5 or 3.75. I very rarely score a 5.

A very bountiful welcome platter was provided at check-in. Lovely. I'm being very greedy, but it would have been nice to have some sort of an afternoon platter each day :). Hershey kisses were refilled daily.

So why didn't I rate Stone Rose higher? Because once I factor in location, price (even with a "special" rate), size of room, convenience of certain services - I just couldn't.

The room was rather the small side of medium, decently furnished - but very ordinary. Nice touches include the terrific TV, mini fridge and microwave, and the comp beverages refreshed daily. The bathroom is tiny, but spotless. The wall cabinet seriously contains every toiletry item you could possibly need. The tub is not the best size for a good soak, being rather shallow. Water pressure is good, plenty of hot water. I would gently suggest two things to the owners - blackout shades for the window, and oil for the bathroom door hinges. At this price point the room could do with a bit of added "lux". The bed was comfortable, nothing special.

Coffee/tea is delivered to your door in the am on request, lovely fresh flower also. You select your breakfast time and fill out an order from the menu card the night before. The thing is that you aren't served the meal at the time you indicate though, you are served beverages, then the cooked meal roughly 20+ minutes later. So, if you have a strict schedule, I'd suggest letting the Innkeeper know what time you need - or schedule your breakfast 30 min before you actually want to eat.

Activity on the property is basic - walking mostly. Innkeepers provide insect repellent, which you WILL need, sun hats, and umbrellas if it is raining. Bring rain boots, because the fields can be damp. There is a small double pond with HUGE catfish to look at. That's pretty much it. Maybe a badminton set, or horseshoes set up would be nice. Seeing as how this property is quite a distance from most "local" recreation, having a few more options on site wouldn't be bad. If you simply want to "escape" and breath deeply for a few days - Stone Rose is an excellent option.

Room Tip: The larger suite would be the better choice for privacy and comfortable room size.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Stone_Rose_BB, Owner at Stone Rose Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
We appreciate all reviews and thank the reviewers for taking the time to write.
Small business owners work long and hard hours to perfect their craft and that is especially so in the Bed and Breakfast industry. When a reviewer admits to being "very greedy" there is really not much more we can do to remedy or address such comments.
Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed 28 January 2013

"Our" suite is always comfortable & filled with little touches; fresh flowers, chocolates, fireplace, music set to our favorite station and a variety of books to browse thru in their library which is like a page out of history.
The innkeepers go out of their way to accommodate; they take pride in their business & it shows.
When you wake in the morning and head downstairs you hear the soft cheerful voices in the kitchen as they prepare your breakfast and the aromas promise you that something delicious is on its' way. You must plan to take your time and enjoy your breakfast as there are many courses of delicious treats that appear every time the kitchen door opens. Lynda has many talents as an Innkeeper; her culinary skills are spot on and a real treasure.

Room Tip: The suite is perfect for couples, very romantic and comfortable.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sloansville
Rodeway Inn and Suites
#1 of 1 in Schoharie
Countryside Inn
Countryside Inn
#1 of 1 in Richmondville

Been to Stone Rose Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!