“Good choice for Mexican”

El Rincon Mexicano Restaurante
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Sodus
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Rochester, NY
“Good choice for Mexican”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We had a nice lunch here, $25 for two, plus tip. But getting there, my Garmin GPS tried to take me to the wrong location.

• Visited October 2012

Rochester, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicioso”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

The absolute best Mexican food I have ever had here or California or Nevada or New Mexico or Mexico. Everything is made made from the freshest highest quality ingredients and the flavors are heavenly. Servers are very friendly and sometimes there is some live music during dinner hours. Now that I live in NYS, I go as much as I can. I have no favorite dishes; I love them all. The homemade Sangria is so delicious and unique. There are many choices of Mexican beers too... The owners are so friendly. I wish they would stay open in January and February. I hear they also cater dinners and parties.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank ED R
Hammondsport, NY
“The best Mexican I have had, period”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Stopped here today for lunch, and the food was fantastic. The salsa was fresh with just the right amount of zip for me. I ordered the 3 enchilada special which came with 3 different sauces. It was by far the best thing I have eaten in a Mexican restaurant. The spice was great, but then I love spice and a nice level of heat. It wouldn't be for everyone- but the owner, Maria, told us they will happily adjust the spice for your tastes. It was the best poblano mole sauce. The green mole (definitely the hottest) and chipotle mole were great too. The prices weren't bad (I think mine was $13.00). I don't see me going to any other Mexican restaurant in the area after going here. Well... maybe the one in Canandaigua owned by her sons!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank manormeow2
“On a good day the best mexican food to be found in ny state”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Fantastic usually
Often leaves me feeling happy
Wished the chilli reillanos were the same as they used to be
Love the red green and pico salsas
Love the green mole
Anyone that can find better mexican available to the public must know something i dont
The shrimp could be peeled and deveined
The sopas are great
The mushroom puffs nice
Yes she could use more luxurious ingredients but then would raise cost
Overall we are fortunate to have El Rincon

California
“amazing”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Lived in Mexico for years, now in California, but always visit when I am back in Sodus. This is better than anything I have found in California and much that is in Mexico. Always fresh ingredients and delightful service. Do remember that Mexican food is very labor intensive if it is done right, so expense is worth any number of Mexican restaurant evenings with canned sauces. Be prepared for a treat, but be sure to ask for less spicy if your palate is not accustomed. They will accommodate. My almost 90 year old mother loves it!

• Visited November 2011