“Gorgeous and cozy B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sodus Point
Carriage House Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Sodus Point B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

My husband and I and our 15 month old son had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before. but had visited Sodus Point a few times.found this B&B online and thought it was quant.My husband booked a room for the weekend without me knowing,we got there and met Jerry and Claudine and they were very friendly and respectful.looked at a couple rooms they were beautiful rooms and very tidy.Looking online I saw a room and my heart was set on it,minutes we had that room.it was so comfortable and Jerry and Claudine were the best of hosts,the breakfast was amazing and they had a high chair for our son.And who can forget the beyond amazing view of Lake Ontario from our room.I loved it there couldnt ask for a better Mother's Day gift!Counting the days until we come back.Thank you Jerry and Claudine for a very pleasant first time bed and breakfast experience!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed 12 March 2012

The Carriage House Inn B&B is heavenly. The hosts are charming, the house is truly lovely, cozy and immaculately clean, and the breakfasts delicious with a new menu every morning. I've never been so pampered or felt so comfortable staying at a bed and breakfast. The house is located a few steps from Lake Ontario and a beautiful park. I walked 15 minutes along the lake to a lighthouse to watch stunning sunsets over the water, and several mornings, the sunrise. The village, Sodus Point, NY, has half a dozen restaurants for lunch and dinner (I liked Captain Jack's, which reminded me of a British pub with its decor, friendliness and excellent fish and chips as well as other entrees). The only problem with the Carriage House was that after four nights (March 4-8, 2012), I did not want to go home. (PS, the complaints below were made prior to the new owners and are no longer valid!)

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank mary2753922
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Went to the Carriage House Inn for a little weekend get-away. It was my first time staying at a B&B. I wasn't disappointed. The owners, Jerry and Claudine, were both very nice and made us feel at home. The scenery was beautiful. It is so peaceful there. We are already planning on going again next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My husband and I went with trepidation for a return stay at the Carriage House Inn when nothing else was available while we visited friends who were sailing in the area. We had not had a pleasant experience on our last stay at this B and B, and were delighted to find that this lovely inn is under new ownership. Jerry and Claudine had just taken over and made us feel like we were at home. We enjoyed great visits and chats with this lovely couple. The breakfasts were fabulous...best French toast I have ever had. My coffee cup was never empty and they could not do enough to make our stay enjoyable. I give them 5 stars. Lucia Sleight, Buffalo, New York

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lucia154
Reviewed 2 June 2011

The Carriage House is the Best place to stay in Sodus Point! I've stayed there many times, it's comfortable, relaxing and the owners are the Nicest people in the World! Going again this month and can't wait!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Bev9494
Reviewed 15 August 2010

This Bed and Breakfast is in dire need of updating. Our bathroom towels were completely unacceptable. They were very worn with ragged edges and they smelled very bad. Our bed linens were also very worn and needed replacing. Only hand soap provided in the shower, no body soap or shampoo. No typical "Bed and Breakfast" extras at all. Breakfast were very minimal. Could not connect to the internet even though they said they had wireless.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank topchef25
jerry K, Owner at Carriage House Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

We are the new owners at the Carriage House Inn, arriving here in Sodus Point in June, 2011. The Carriage House Inn has a great reputation for friendliness and hospitatlity, and we will work hard to preserve that heritage. We have also listened to this review and others in order to make our guests stay even more enjoyable.
Come visit us and enjoy our fresh new linens, and fall asleep on our luxurious soft pillows. In the morning you can enjoy our updated breakfast menus. From Claudine's popular Carriage House Inn Baked French Toast, to the savory egg casseroles, or the unique flavor of our fruit topped lemon pancakes, I think you will enjoy a hearty start to your day. Jerry will keep your coffee cup full of our bold French Roast brew, as you share share meal and conversation in our repurposed dining room, We look forward to meeting you!

With warm regards,

Jerry and Claudine Karczewski

Reviewed 4 August 2009

This is a lovely setting, there is a screened in gazebo overlooking the lake, The past reviews are right, though, the bedding and towels are threadbare, frayed and faded. The breakfasts were very disappointing, just scrambled eggs and ham or pancakes and sausage, plain toasted white bread, weak coffee with milk (no cream or half and half available), small glass of warm, watery OJ, nothing fresh or home made. The bed was ok, bathrooms miniscule. All in all, decor may have been nice years ago, but nothing has been replaced since.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

We arrived at the Carriage House Inn as the new innkeepers in June, 2011. While preserving the great reputation for hospitality Jim and Vivian built this Bed and Breakfast on, we have listened and responded to your comments. Please see the statement in response to the "needs updating" review above to see what we have been up to!!

Claudine and I wholeheartedly invite you to come to Sodus Point to visit this our lovely community and check out the changes at the Carriage House Inn!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sodus Point
Del Lago Resort & Casino
Del Lago Resort & Casino
#1 of 3 in Waterloo
Maxwell Creek Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Carriage House Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!