“Convenient, accomodating and clean”

Budgetel Inn South Glens Falls
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Proxiity to Saratoga Springs with affordable and clean rooms makes this an easy choice for those wishing to hit the track. Sonny is extremely accomodating. Clean swimming pool and grounds. Recommended for a no-frills stay in this area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Sunny was terrific at registration. The room was very clean and comfortable. The room had a small microwave and refrigerator, couch and table. Had great water pressure in the shower. The location is terrific,About 20 minutes from Saratoga and Lake George. And the price is right. Oh, there is also an outdoor pool, but can't tell anymore about it because we got in late and left early.

Room Tip: We had a room towards the back , it was very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brian v
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I stayed here previously and had a moderately good experience for a very low-end property because I needed a room close to family, my second stay was much worse. Let me start by saying that the property owner/managers are very pleasant and will certainly try, but given the condition of the property, the way potential guests are curiously directed to the other family owned property in Glens Falls (newly franchised Days Inn, Big Boom Road-Exit 18 off I87), and how that property will direct you to the Graylyn and vice versa; and some other factors that I will mention; I can no longer recommend this property unless you are hopelessly desperate. My room was not clean, and had stained carpeting, bedding, and an air conditioner that barely functioned. I sustained a nasty bite on my leg one night, that from every indication at the time of writing this review appears to be a large spider bite. Amenities are minimal, which I expected, but overall, I was confused as to why I should be charged the same rate at the very low-end Graylyn that I had been charged the night before at the other family operated property (Days Inn) that was much nicer and I have reviewed positively. I have since stayed at the Super 8 just off Exit 18 and received an incredibly lower rate, at a much nicer and more upscale property. Bottom line--do not stay here, hunt around, be pleasant and you will find nicer places in Glens Falls at far better rates.

Room Tip: My tip is not to stay here, it is just one of many properties in the area PLEASE hunt around.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dixonr925
Reviewed 16 December 2012

After a week and a half long bender via greyhound with little sleep, I stumbled into Glens Falls and proceeded to search with my gps for the cheapest motel I could find. Since I was after all looking for the authentic feel of living on the road. After calling around to several places. This happened to be the cheapest in town with AAA @ $66.ish {tax included}. After a quick taxi ride, I discovered that this is no longer the Graylyn and is now just called something along the lines of Budget Motel. Check in was quick, with no problems. The motel it's self is for the more adventures traveler who doesn't mind staying in a place with a barely locking door, no working sink and spotty wifi. Cable service was great and the motel is only 1-2 miles outside of town. I am not entirely sure, but the pay phone out front might or might not be working. Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lillith B
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My over all experience was great at this motel. I am planning for my next trip and this motel will be my stay.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Vikar786
Reviewed 7 July 2012

This is a very low service motel, and is priced below the competition for a reason. The room was basic, larger than average, and clean, but don't expect anything else. No hair dryer (you can ask at the office for one), no toiletries, no radio, Internet access only with a cable (you have to request at the office) and the cable is situated so that it is nearly impossible to both plug your computer in and use the Internet simultaneously. Rooms are quite dated. The sign outside says "new rooms" so we can only assume that the sign is 40 years old. On the plus side, there's a refrigerator and microwave (both were clean), it was quiet, and the beds were OK.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Conwegian
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Running out of fuel oil in October left the room freezing. Electricity actually was off after that for about five hours. The "breaker was broken." Bathroom and fridge were moldy. Towels were threadbare. Hot water was really warm water. Showers needed to be done in a hurry or water became cold. The "free coffee" was nonexistant. And after all that, they actually asked to borrow my brand new truck for a few hours! WOW!

Room Tip: Room nine is to be avoided due to filth. Room 15 can be loud because it is next the maintenance room...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Queensbury Hotel
#1 of 6 in Glens Falls
Super 8 Queensbury Glens Falls
Sara Glen Motel - Glens Falls

Been to Budgetel Inn South Glens Falls? Share your experiences!