“GREAT VALUE WITH BEAUTIFUL SETTING” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jamesport Bay Suites

Jamesport Bay Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in South Jamesport
long island
“GREAT VALUE WITH BEAUTIFUL SETTING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed for one night on the weekend of June 21rst and I most say that I was pleasantly surprised by the great renovation that was done at the suites. My room was clean and supplied with everything I needed.The nice sandy beach is great! My only disappointment was that I could only stay one night.I am definetly going to return in July..There is a nice restaurant less then 100 yards from the front door. Sue the manager was great. I stayed at the Cove Place Inn last year and this place was is a far better value!

Room Tip: Every room has a great view of the bay
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank moonman22

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I recently booked a last minute trip with my son, out to the North Fork. we were going to stay at another hotel in the next town over, but were told they were completely booked. I called around and finally got a room for one night at the Jamesport Bay Suites. I've never stayed in Jamesport, but I have to say I cant wait to go back. It was centrally located to my favorite north fork wineries, and restaurants, but secluded enough to feel like a real vacation, even if only for one night. Sue was very friendly, and accommodating, even watching my son, occupying him briefly while I re-parked the car. The hotel itself has been re renovated, from what I heard it really was run down by previous owners. The room we stayed in had great views of the bay, and all the rooms had one long adjoining deck with tables and chairs. Two barbeques were directly out to the left, and there was a nice area of grass right in front, good for a picnic. The room was very small, but good enough for a couple, or a solo parent/child, there was a stove, fridge, microwave, sink combo, all somewhat clean(there were dead bugs and dust under the cabinets on the floor). Some down sides, there was no closet, just a small cabinet to hang clothes, my dresses were too long to fit properly, and the bed was very close to the bathroom door, it opened right into the side of the mattress. The skylights were a nice touch, and bought sunshine in bright and early (we're early birds so we liked it). Another downside, the walls are paper thin, I could hear the woman next door snoring, and coughing all night, so make friends with your neighbors!
I was grateful to book a room for just one night, when most places starting in june have a two or four night minimum stay, but I noticed most rooms were not booked here. There were only a few other people staying, not including what seemed to be the innkeepers family, while they were all very nice, I hate to say it, they were really loud, and I ended up babysitting two of the kids there in addition to my own, while I was trying to enjoy the beach. It was nice to have some kids for my son to play with, but he's very quiet and i wanted to enjoy some quiet time soaking in the sun, I ended up bring my son back to the room earlier than I would have. We also ventured out very early in the morning for a nice relaxing stroll on the beach, but the kids were out there again! So instead of relaxing I indulged a very chatty child until they were called back in to their room.
I'm a mom, so I totally get it, but I was hoping to relax with my son and enjoy his company alone.
The beach is very small, and water is extremely shallow and calm which is GREAT for kids. They also have a nicely maintained area steps above the beach, with soft clean sand, lounge chairs and umbrellas.
There was a stand up paddle board company renting boards the weekend I was there, and the hotel has kayaks to use as well.
There is a small park up the block, and a nice restaurant at the corner of the street. Plus Jedidiah is only a minute away (great lunches!)
For the price of the room, I could have stayed somewhere a bit bigger and nicer, but I really liked the bay views, and the clean beach, I'm looking forward to staying again for a longer stretch of time...unless I find another hidden gem!

Room Tip: I heard number 1 is a great room!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Daystone
Rockville Centre, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We recently went out to Long Island's North Fork for our annual 3 day weekend out there. We have been going in late October/early November for 12 years, The new owners have given the Jamesport Bay Suites a much needed upgrade. And the manager, Sue, and her husband, Joe, went way beyond the call of duty to make us feel wecome and accommodated. We had some issues with transportation and needed to get a rental car. Although it was Sunday and almost all rental accommodations were closed, Sue persisted and found us a rental and she and Joe made sure that we were taken care of. We highly recommend the Jamesport Bay Suites to anyone going out to Long Island's North Fork. You will be in good hands here. We look forward to seeing Sue and Joe again soon. We're adding a second visit around Christmas time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RonBK
Bellmore, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

I recently stayed three days at the Jamesport Bay Suites, an annual tradition for the past few years. It's right on the water, and the views are wonderful any time of year.

The suites are spacious, and include any amenity you would ask for.

This trip was exceptional, as Sue, the manager, and her husband, Joe, went out of their way to accommodate us. They went above and beyond to help us out, and would highly recommend visiting their establishment any time of year. Thank you Sue and Joe for all you did for us.

• Stayed November 2013
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I stayed The Jamesport Bay Suites over the Columbus Day weekend and were very pleased with our experience. Everyone was friendly and accommodating from checking in with Sue to checking out with Lisa. We also met the owner Mike who was on the premises every day. They were all very helpful with recommendations for places to eat and wineries to visit.
The room was charming with everything you might need. The landscaping is lovely and the views are not to be beat! Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Closest to the water is always the best!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Recently visited the Jamesport Bay Suites and was very impressed. I was very impressed with the view and the way I was treated.I was shown many rooms ,and the changes that have been made.The atmosphere is very friendly and the ladies working there are very imformative about the hotel and the area with things to do.I am excited to be going back to see Sue,Mike.,and the little housekeeper Rose.I would highly recommend this motel to others.

Room Tip: my favorite room is 2 A. Very Spacious and a great view,parking and entrance in the front with view...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank grammytootse
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I recently stay at the so called "Jamesport Bay and Suites". Are they kidding me? The women in the office, I believe her name was Sue, was not very informative about the hotel and really didn't know what she was talking about. I thought we would give it a shot, due to the amazing views, yet I was shocked due to the cleanliness of the rooms and the smell of the bed sheets. These room are old and out dated! They still use regular keys for the doors and if you need help at night, there is no one to be found! Me and my wife were afraid to sleep at night we didn't know if we would wake up with bed bugs and the beds were extreme uncomfortable, I still can smell the stale smell in the rooms, we will defiantly not be returning due to the lack of knowledge with the women at the front desk and due to the non-clean rooms! I do not advise anyone to stay here.

• Stayed September 2013
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Holiday Inn Express East End
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
Cliffside Resort Condominiums

Been to Jamesport Bay Suites? Share your experiences!