“The Best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bayview Inn & Restaurant

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Jamesport
Bayview Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Jamesport
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2009

We attended a wedding at the Jedediah Hawkins so this was a great, convenient place for us to stay. The owner Bob and his staff could not have been more helpful and friendly to us. They made our stay and the weekend great. Our rooms were spotless, quiet, and comfortable. I would recommend this place to everyone. The food in the restaurant was a 10, the salads were fresh, best burger around.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2009

The Bay View Inn has a motel across the street where I stayed with a friend. The place was bare bones but acceptable for one night. It was sort of old but who cares, we were just there to sleep.

The next day, my friend had two bites on the back of her neck which we chalked up to late season mosquitoes. Pretty soon after, I developed huge welts all over my face and arms. After several online searches I realized these were bed bugs. I had the typical "breakfast, lunch and dinner" bite marks in a line in several areas including my neck, arms and hands.

My doctor confirmed that these were bed bug bites which could have only been obtained from this one night I spent out of my house. My friend also confirmed that she ended up with more bites than just the two we originally saw.

I contacted the hotel and the person who answered the phone claimed that she didn't even know the name of the owner, she just worked there. I called twice and no response.

Today, in January, I still have marks on my arms from these bites. I paid for the hotel and then doubled the cost by having to pay for the $125 in medicine (antihistamine spray, copay and prednisone) to help with the agony of these itchy, oozing bites.

The moral of the story is to check the seams of the mattress before staying in any hotel anywhere in the world. If you see any sort of brown stains on the seams, leave immediately.

I feel lucky that I was lazy enough not to have unpacked my luggage right away because when I saw the bites, I immediately put the luggage outside and my clothes immediately into the washing machine, thereby avoiding an infestation in my home.

Don't stay there.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Bed Bugs
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank rmelnick

Travellers are raving about these South Jamesport hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2008

Bait & Switch Operation! Do not give them your business!!! The owner Bob is rude, obnoxious, condescending and a jerk. His son Greg plays dumb and wont take responsibiltiy for his mis-quote on our price. We were quoted one price for lunch and charged another higher price for dinner. Who has dinner at 2pm??? Bob threatened to have me arrested for stealing and writing a bad check! Is he serious? We paid the incorrect tab amount and stopped payment on the check once we realized the discrepancy. I dont see anything wrong with doing this. Bob is such a bully. He does not listen to his customers, he is unwilling to negotaite with us and threatens everything under the sun! Who does he think he is? He wants to go to court and refuses to have any kind of amicable negotiations. I will not give into this jerk. This is no way to run a family business. Wait staff was okay and food was good. Owners never once came over to see if we were okay or to thank us for bringing in 18 people to their restaurant. NEVER GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed May 2008
4 Thank Jules4457
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2008

We had our wedding at the Jedediah Hawkins Inn in Sept of 07 and decided since The Bayview was so close and covenant we would have our rehearsal dinner the night before at this location. I called a week ahead and spoke with the owner and told me no problem to add or subtract guests the day of cause we were unsure of how many might really attend since we had out of towners coming in from afar. We arrived a little tardy and they greeted us all with smiles regardless. Our party ended up being larger than expected and they moved together tables the last second to fit us all. The waitress was pleasant and the food was quite tasty. I was a bit leery since my expectations on food is pretty high maintenance We even got quite loud by the end of the night and stayed a bit longer than I even wanted to , esp since I was a BRIDE the next day! They never said peep or left us feeling rushed. I would highly recommend this place when staying out this direction of the Northfork. A++ rating.

* Wonderfully located near the beach for a nice brisk walk after

• Liked — It was quaint
  • Disliked — The entrance was dark enter in the back hard to see.
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gemmifer
aquebogue,ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2007

We were off to the start out of a nice lunch one sunday afternoon with our friends and children. I made reservations ahead of time asking if children were accepted in the restaurant.."Absolutely" the owner replied on the other line and i even mentioned we would need a high chair--"no problem." The atmosphere of the restaurant seemed nice and cozy with one other table of about 14 people (very loud i must say--heard the conversation in detail) and a big party in the closed room behind the bar. I noticed after we proceeded ordering that an older couple entered the restaurant sitting right next to us and was read the specials---the same waitress failed to mention the specials to us! The portions were small for the appetizers and way overpriced...***The main complaint---***Right after I ordered dessert the owner came over to my husband who was holding our 15 month old son and then walked away. My husband said that the owner said that customers were complaining about our sons loudness and we were told to walk him outside or leave. My husband proceeded to follow the owner back to the bar saying that we were not a disruption and that was discrimination and how we just paid $120 for lunch for his birthday lunch and now it was ruined. If they didnt want children in their restaurant they should have mentioned it to us when we called up for the reservation when he completely stated that children were fine. Talk about misleading and hypocritical! To think that the owner waited until the check was about to come to say this...figures so he can get all his money!!! What a jerk! So when desserts came I told the waitress since we were spoken to in such disrespect to take the desserts off . Now really--who was the complainer in this---the owner, waitress or was it that older couple since we never saw the owner come back and even check on any of the 3 tables in the whole place. We will NEVER return here and hopefully this place will be shut down --one day.

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank insomni1
Babylon, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2006

Terrible does not come close to describing our experience at the Bayview Inn and Resturaunt (or better yet, lets call it: Bob's Place)! Dont get me wrong, the area is beautiful, the staff courteous, and our room was decent. The management is a whole other story. Bob is the owner/manager and he seems to own half of South Jamesport including the Hotel by the Bay across the street. I can echo the previous review by saying that Bob is nothing less than a rude, obnoxious old guy who does not know the first thing about hotel operation or customer service. Bob turned what should have been a pleasant Father's Day weekend into a disaster. If you are a glutton for abuse and enjoy being told to "pack your bags and get out" by a hotel owner you may want to try Bob's place... if not...stay somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2006
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank MikeyBNYUSA
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2006

My friends and I did a winery weekend on the North Fork and chose The Bayview Inn & Restaurant based on a guidebook. If you want a charming Victorian with an excellent restaurant and wonderful staff, this is the place for you. Far removed from the "chain hotels" concept, The Bayview is located on a quiet street one block from the beach. The rooms, though small, were nicely furnished and very clean and the family who owns this establishment sat and chatted with us at the bar as if we were old friends. My only "wish" is that they had breakfast and coffee of some sort as the location is too far removed to go somewhere for breakfast without fully leaving for the day.
Overall, all of us, hands down, had a wonderful time and can't wait to book another trip at the Bayview this spring!

• Stayed November 2005
Harborfront Inn at Greenport
The Duncan Inn
The Duncan Inn
#1 of 1 in Jamesport

Been to Bayview Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!