“nice stay”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
Simsbury, Connecticut
“nice stay”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and i stayed here one night in october. the room was very nice..had been recently renovated. wood flooring, luxurious linens. The bed was extremely comfortable. Owner was very helpful about places to eat and see. Rates were reasonable for this time of year. Very good location.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carol h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Larkfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We were looking for a not too expensive place to stay in the Hamptons to use as a base for a couple of nights, while we explored this delightful area.
Hamlet Inn was just right for us. A simple, clean, tidy room; a cordial welcome and some very helpful tips on what to do and where to go.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JohnKHGC
Southern U.S.
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Was guest of an organization who made my reservations here. When I arrived, I immediately checked Trip Advisor for reviews. There are some tough ones. The property is not as bad as described but there are certainly weaknesses that could discourage travelers, especially at the rate of $298 a night on weekends.

Wifi was off and on; explanation was power outage was the cause and couldn't get the cable company to repair it on the weekend. Probably true. But you could haul your lap top around the property and find a hot spot; lobby seemed to work.

Continental breakfast was okay. . . . Keurig coffee maker with choice of brew packs.

And yes the innkeeper, who seemed in some reviews to be kin to Norman Bates, was a little loud and full of rules. ..

One story I must share. . . .read in a review about the person opening the microwave in the room and finding a cold pizza slice housekeeping missed. When I read this, I got up and looked in my microwave. This is true: No pizza slice but there was crusted, dried pizza sauce that had come from a slice. I proceed to do housekeeping and wash the glass tray.

An investment of money to spruce this place up could make it a wonderful boutique motel with charm. There are beautiful grounds, a pool, and parking. And note no places close by to walk for a meal or any service.

Better housekeeping and more attention to details could really raise the reviews.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel. . . . .. .
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DownSouthUS
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I am writing the review while I am already here in Hamlet in first room in front of car park, so that I don't forget to review it and others don't have to suffer like me unless they really want to suffer.It might be good idea to stay here in summer as they are close to beach and have nice swimming pool but staying in winter is penalizing yourself. Its very cold despite they say the heaters are on and on auto mode. My feet are freezing and burning due to intense cold and cold wooden floor with no carpet on it old style heaters.
The Wifi was not working in room so I had to go to their office lounge to use it and in the evening through the cold freezing windy walking distance between my room and their office lounge.
Last night I stayed in Comfort in Medford for 107$. The room was very warm and they also have breakfast available. Whereas over here I paid about $116 with no breakfast and Fffffffffreezing bloody cold. You go out of the room and your in the middle of arctic temperature...I am sure it should be my first & last time ever to come here..!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the outside rooms in winter.....! or don't stay here at all in winter..!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed at the Hamlet Inn for one night in early October, 2012. We arrived earlier than expected, and were able to check in with no problem. Our room (23) was spacious and bright, with comfortable bed and nice flat screen TV. The grounds were beautiful, with a large grassy area outside the rooms. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Molly helped us with a map and things to do in the surrounding area. We had a continental breakfast in the morning, which was plentiful. The Hamlet Inn was much less expensive than almost every other option in Southampton. Overall, a very nice stay at a budget price!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CaliCarol
Somerville, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We booked this place based on the feedback we found on Tripadvisor. No one happens to mention that this is basically a glorified motor lodge - 10 rooms in a row, simliar to the old places you'd see along the roads before highways came through. We were looking for a place that would allow us to book one night (most places in the Hamptons require 2 night minimums). We specifically booked a room with a Queen-sized bed. Well, when we arrived, we were told that no rooms with Queen-sized beds were available. When I showed my reservation, the comment was, "well, that's the room you were assigned", meaning the room with the double beds. To be fair, the room was clean... how did we know? Well, the entire room smelled of bleach. The previous guests thoughtfully left a piece of pizza in the microwave, but my wife and I decided to pass on the "welcome snacK". When my wife complained about the bleach smell, we were moved to another room, which was a little less "bleachy". The front desk person was very pleasant and helpful, and the continental breakfast was basic, but adequate. However, nothing could make up for having spent $300 for one night and ending up in a room that didn't even have a rug or carpet, nor the Queen-sized bed, nor anything else someone might expect for $300 off-season.. Sure, there was a flat screen TV and a small fridge and microwave. The sheets were clean, and the towels were actually the highlight of the room's amenities.

In closing, let me just say that you'd be better off paying for 2 nights somewhere else and only staying one than to go to this motor lodge for one night.

Room Tip: Don't stay here is the best tip I can give you.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Commack, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2012

What an improvement over cookie-cutter hotel rooms! The room smelled clean; instead of funky-musty old carpeting there was clean white Terrazzo tile, the sparkling white sheets and towels smelled clean (NOT of a heavy masking odor of highly fragranced detergent, just CLEAN!), and the smell of the pine trees outside the room made it seem naturally fresh. Speaking of the trees outside, the landscaping is so pretty. There is a really comfortable deck outside the room shaded by the pine trees where you can enjoy the natural beauty. Indoors I had a comfortable desk and chair and was able to get my work done. I had wanted to be close to the ocean and was prepared to be disappointed, but the innkeeper told me in detail exactly which direction to take my morning run down to the bay, it's only a few minutes away by foot! And the ocean beach is five minutes by car, anyway.

No restaurant, but again, a few minutes with the innkeeper and I had a long list of places to eat, she knew ALL the restaurants too, more than I had time to try out - good excuse to go back!

Room Tip: The rooms with the two beds are BIG
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank moG77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
Southampton Long Island Hotel
#1 of 5 in Sag Harbor
Hotel Indigo East End
Hotel Indigo East End
#3 of 8 in Riverhead

Been to The Hamlet Inn? Share your experiences!