“WHAT A GEM!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
New York City, New York
“WHAT A GEM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was indeed one of the most special little hideaways we have experienced. It is tucked away on 2.5 acres of huge, lovely trees, providing a rural ambience, yet offering a most convenient location to activities. Fran, the vivacious owner, lives on the property and is always there to assist in any way possible. She has tons of information about what to do in this interesting, lovely area. The room was 100% clean, inviting, homey, comfortable, and secure. The pool was very clean and refreshing. We played tennis on her court. The price was very reasonable, too. All in all, we strongly recommend that you stay here when visiting the beautiful Hamptons. What a restful vacation!

Room Tip: All see to be quiet and similar.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Screaminglyfine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I cannot speak highly enough of this charming motel in the woods, The Easterner. My business partner and I have stayed there when doing business in the Hamptons several times over the last two summers. It is always a wonderful experience, located in a quaint camp-ground like atmosphere tucked back in the woods with nicely converted stand alone duplex-style bulidings that were renovated from an old 1950's motel. It is squeaky clean, quiet, with stylish modern amenities, and full kitchens in the rooms. The mattresses are firm and new, and I seem to sleep better here than I do at home! Fran, the proprietress is an absolute treasure. She is extremely helpful, friendly and a real love. The Easterner is located on the outskirts of Southampton, away from the hustle and bustle further east into the Hamptons proper. I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in the Hamptons, and have truly found my home away from home.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank thomaslp27
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

The motel rooms were very nice and clean and equipped with everything needed (kitchenette, microwave, eating table). Fran the owner was very helpful and even drove us to town, to the beach and to the station as we had no car and it was too far to walk to these places (I would definitely recommend to come by car).

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Britta79
Royersford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

Finding a place in the Hamptons for one night is tough. Finding the Easterner was a last ditch attempt that worked out. A wonderful host who filled us in on local Southhampton eateries and sights. Her Motel was a bit of a throw back but very clean, Confortable bed and minutes from a very nice town. Priced well in an area where over charging is a way of life.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tom S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Easterner for an extended period of time this winter. The room was very clean and had everything we needed...a comfy clean bed/bedding, a full kitchen, a great heating unit and a clean big bathroom. Fran, the owner, was 100% wonderful! She made us feel at home, and made sure all was perfect for our stay. I would highly recommend the Easterner. Looking forward to returning next time we visit!

• Stayed January 2013
3 Thank Maiarose321
Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

Three buddies and I stayed at The Easterner at the end of October for a fishing trip. I booked two, two bed rooms to accomodate the four of us. When I got there the staff person showed us the two rooms and one of them actually had two bedrooms with two beds in each meaning one room like that would have taken care of us. The staff person did not have the authority to let us take that one room. After the stay booking.com surveyed me and I mentioned the fact that one room would have taken care of saving the expense of the extra room. Anyway, a week or so later the owner contacted me to apologize for that and to let me know that if she had been there she would have given me the one room. She offered to refund the price of the second room even though I did not ask for this. This shows me that this is a very caring and honorable owner who will take care of your needs regardless of the situation even offering in my case an unsolicited refund in this situation.

Rooms were very clean and comfortable. They were reasonably priced relative to other locations in the area. Perfect for an extended stay with a refrigerator and cooking equipment. Would not hesitate to book for a stay here again in the future. Not the Taj Mahal but I rated it excellent because of the value for price charged, the owner's concern about being fair, cleanliness and hominess of the rooms.

Room Tip: If you need a bigger room check to see if they have any of the two bedroom units available with two...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank bigdmeister
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

All we wanted was a place to stay before going to the beach. Great Choice! Our room was spaciouas,clean and comfortrable. It had a kitchenette dbl beds and HOT water.
Fran the owner was so gracious, we arrived late and that was not a problem. She offered us a beach pass and a room for showering after a day at the beach,before we headed to our next destination. If your are looking for friendly family orientated accomodations stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ladycathryn163
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
The Hamlet Inn
#4 of 12 in Hampton Bays
The Drake Inn
The Drake Inn
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Easterner Motel? Share your experiences!