“Great stay”
Review of The Atlantic

The Atlantic
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Atlantic for business. Our stay was a week long and no complaints. I had read some of the reviews and was a little worried. My mind was put to rest upon check in. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Our room was clean and spacious. I requested a refrigerator and a microwave. They were brought up to me early the next morning. Maybe because it is in the Hamptons, this hotel is not getting the reviews it deserves. We were so happy with everything, that we have booked two more weeks with them. I can not say enough about the friendly service we have received. The staff makes you feel at home.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathy-Anne W
Justin T, Director of Sales at The Atlantic, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to hear your stay was pleasant. We look forward to your returned patronage.

The Management and Staff of the Atlantic Hotel

Reviewed 5 February 2014

The customer service was way below average and many unspecified "company policies" when given information about booking. Bad experience overall. Never again. I would deeply advise any person to seek other places for your stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Dylan G

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that your stay wasn't a pleasant one. We pride our self on having a pleasant and inviting staff and have addressed your concerns with our staff.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We decided to stay here for a New Years Eve party. Stayed on the second floor, and had no problems. The room itself was quaint, would not stay for long term as they are smaller than expected. The breakfast was a good pick-me-up as well. The stay was good for overnight, but not sure if their rates are worth a visit in the summer. Overall, decent stay, no major complaints.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katrina B

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear your stay with us was a pleasant one and we look forward to an opportunity to have you with us again.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I decided to visit Montauk during Thanksgiving. No hotels were available near Montauk. I booked this one on booking.com. The room with two double beds cost $90, and I paid $106, which included tax and service fee. It is right on Route 27 and about 10 minutes drive west of South Hampton. I interacted with three members there: two ladies in the front desk and one man in cafeteria. All were nice and helpful. The heating kept the room too warm and there was strong smell of Clorox. There is a pool there. The wifi was free; so was continental breakfast. The choice was better than average. I got two small English muffins with butter and peanut butter spread. Overall, this is a decent place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your time and are happy to hear your stay with us was a pleasant one. We look forward to the opportunity to have you with us again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The Atlantic needs a complete overhaul! I would say start with some clorox on everything!! The bathroom was disgusting! Moldy walls and ceiling, the tiles were cracked and loose and the toilet when flushed ran for literally 22 minutes! The walls are gross with squished bugs, scuff marks and cracks. The beds are OLD! I was afraid to walk on the carpet without shoes, socks or slippers and left my slippers in the garbage as I didn't want to bring anything home that touched that filthy carpet. The stains were large and throughout the room! The maid knocked on the door, woke me up and asked if I wanted service, there are no Do Not Disturb Signs on any of the doors.When she did "service" the room she left two towels, no wash cloths and half used bottles of complimentary shampoo. She did NOT make the bed, but pulled up the sheets and comforter, sort of half way up the bed, not kidding you. AND, there were no fitted sheets only top sheets used as both. The pillows were flung towards the headboard. Awful! The smell of smoke was everywhere as was the smell of animal urine. NEVER AGAIN we will stay there. The property has great potential but it lacks just about everything. The staff has NO personality for the hospitality business. They even go as far as to speak to each other in another language in front of guests. Also, there were large trucks idling in the parking lot late at night. What the hell is that about? Won't be surprised to see this place shut down soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank H R
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The grounds are well managed and the staff are friendly. However, the rooms and furnishings are dated and the mattresses are worn out. The same goes for the bathroom finishes; Old, dated, and worn out. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This was a nice place to stay...easy to access local attractions. Room was comfy. The staff was super nice. I enjoyed the continental breakfast, too! If you're looking for a high end place, this is not the place to stay. I would definitively choose The Atlantic again.

Room Tip: If you just need a place to sleep at night, this is the place to stay. It is a simple room with comf...