“Upgrade urgently needed!!!”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
Troy, PA
“Upgrade urgently needed!!!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The outside of this hotel is one of my worst nightmares...that 'motel' look.
the room was small and smelled musty upon entering...the carpet was old and the bathroom was tiny and antiquated.,..old fixtures, tile, shower,etc... the bed was comfortable, however, the cost of this room was way over priced...even for the upscale area...the receptionist was obviously over worked...she did not welcome us..in fact, she was very rude...as if we were taking up her time..,.the pool was large and nice with lounge chairs..this was the best part of the property..but, we had to ask for towels that should have been outside when the pool opened..seemed like the owners of this hotel could stand some hotel management classes...and, we went to see what their other property looked like..the Bentley..just down the road....and....we were actually happy that we chose the Atlantic!!! the Bentley looks worse...with extra large numbers on the outside...sooooo tacky!!! Definitely would NOT recommend staying here... look elsewhere!

Room Tip: do not stay here or at the Bentley...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
raycal, General Manager at The Atlantic, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Good afternoon notserp7,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your frank comments on The Atlantic Hotel. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, clearly we failed to meet your expectations. The hotels will be going through renovations and upgrades during the off-season and should you be in Southampton in the future please consider giving The Atlantic a try again. I would like an opportunity to live up to our nomination for Best of the Best Hotel Hampton's for the second year in a row at the Atlantic and to show you how well we can do.

Take care and with regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Roma
Reviewed 18 July 2014

It's the most awful place I've ever been in my life! The room was filthy and stinky. It smelled like smoke. However, everything was worn out and the bathroom was falling apart.
So, don't go there. They charge you 399$ during the weekends... Incredible!!! For that rate you can find for sure a better place...

Room Tip: Honestly I don't think they have good rooms!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Splenda17
Good afternoon Splenda17,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your frank comments on The Atlantic Hotel. I myself as a non-smoker am sensitive to the perceived smell of cigarette smoke and I agree it is unpleasant. The hotels will be going through renovations and upgrades during the off-season and should you find yourself in Southampton in the future please consider giving The Atlantic a try again for I would like an opportunity to live up to our nomination for Best of the Best Hotel Hampton's and to show you how well we can do.

Take care and with regards.

Travellers are raving about these Southampton hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Never expect any service from staff. So rude and arrogant. . All of them. . old and young, male and female. .

No coffee maker, no bottled water in room no 101 I satyed. Other room,either.
Room is so spacious. That is all. No design No effort to keep guest to feel at home. Spacious and Stinky. . What a kind of smell. . I bought a kin candle to burn bad smell.
Never eat free breakfast if U don`t want to feel u are in the jail. Jail will be better, there will be some egg and ham. Ha ha.
I don`t want to be here again, this Atlantic Hotel and Hamptons again.. Do you know how much this horrible room per night?
Please Rent a car, go back to other city and find another hotel. . Save money and feel better.
This hotel totally ruined my total memory of Hamptons..the Worst hotel in around10 years memory. .

• Stayed July 2014
Good afternoon Euun,

Thanks very much for taking the time to give your frank review. I am sorry your stay at The Atlantic was not what you had hoped for and perhaps if you should find yourself in The Hamptons you will consider giving The Atlantic a second try. Routinely water bottles are not placed in the rooms at The Atlantic but are available at the reception desk for the asking.

I have been unable to match a name with a possible reservation from your stay at The Atlantic so if you would like please contact me at the hotel and we could discuss a possible return visit for you. This would allow us here to show why this month The Atlantic Hotel was for the 2nd year nominated as Southampton’s “Best of the Best.”

Southhamptons
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Wow. This is hands down the most disgusting place to stay. I wish I would have read the reviews before booking.
We had a "renovated room" and the bathroom was horrifying.
The carpet smelled like dogs, mold and smoke. I can't wait to check out!!!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Hampton200
Good afternoon Hampton200,

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is easy. What a DUMP! The whole place is tired and worn out. The staff is rude bed sheets are used to cover the chair and sofa in the room. It really could have besn the the Bates Hotel in the creepiest sci fi movie ever made.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tim s
Good afternoon Hampton200,

glen ridge, nj
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Since I was traveling with friends and my small dog on a holiday weekend and planned only one week in advance, my options were somewhat limited.. I was glad I arrived earlier than other guests because I was able to change rooms from what had been reserved for me (I reserved a room with a queen and full bed). The outside door was of room 123 was rotted.. It also had some sort of splatter on the walls, sheets that did not properly fit the queen bed, and scuff marks on the wall. I looked at a second room 122 where there was dried nail polish spilled on the refrigerator and the base of the door was peeling away and dragging each time you opened and closed the door. Finally I got to room 103 which did not look as worn although the rug certainly needs to be replaced. In general the walls need to be repainted as well but the beds were comfortable. The front desk staff, Jeanette, was lovely and the morning continental breakfast helped to hold us over until we got lunch. The pool was not heated but the pool area was relaxing. The other hotel guests there were very friendly and all of the pups were all well behaved which made our stay more enjoyable. Some repair and renovations are needed but again if you get the right room, you can stay comfortably. Cost is expensive for conditions of the rooms

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room! Keep air conditioning running for white noise and quiet with traffic from...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Good afternoon tamarra525,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your frank comments on The Atlantic Hotel and also for your kind comments about Jeanette. The pool was not yet heated earlier in the season when you were here. Now the water temperature hover around 85 degrees and should you be in Southampton in the future please consider giving The Atlantic a try again. Also the hotel will be going through renovations and upgrades during the off-season and I hope you will give us an opportunity to live up to our nomination for Best of the Best Hotel Hampton's for the second year in a row at the Atlantic and to show you how well we can do.

Southampton
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The hotel only honored one of our reservations when we had booked two rooms and has refused to issue a refund. The one room we got was filthy, and we checked out a night early. We were supposed to receive a refund for that additional night as well. Now the manager refuses to do so. Seth Harris 917-453-1120

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
The Hamlet Inn
#4 of 8 in Southampton
The Drake Inn
The Drake Inn
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to The Atlantic? Share your experiences!