“Good Thai on the east end”
Review of Boa Thai

Boa Thai
Ranked #49 of 81 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Thai
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bay Ave
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I enjoy Thai food. I enjoy it a lot. But, on the east end, it's hard to find. My dad always goes to an Asian Fusion restaurant in Hampton Bays, and though their food is wonderful, their Thai selection is limited (predominately Chinese). At least at Boa, I get a greater selection. The Spring Rolls had plenty of fresh vegetables and were perfectly fried so they were crispy without any oily taste; the Tom Yum soup was flavorful and pungent, though when I asked for Thai spicy (they didn't offer me any options for so spiciness) I only got it medium as stated on the menu. Dad had the seafood and noodles (Kee Mao Talay)- he ate everything on his plate and enjoyed the medium spiciness, fresh seafood, and well integrated noodles and vegetables; I had the Nur Num Tuk which simply is a Ny strip and a small side salad. I normally get Yum Nur (yum Nua)) which is my gauge for how well I think the restaurant will be, but opted for the more expensive grilled option. The steak was done to my liking, topped with chili sauce and more on the side, the salad though a bit small was flavorful with the the peanut sauce and topped with some noodles. All in all, a very pleasant meal, albeit pricier than it should be, but this is the Hamptons. They do offer a 4-course prix fixe but those options didn't appeal to us. I will return when visiting dad in the hamptons.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Best Thai I have ever had. Service is great, the owners truly appreciate the patronage. Always a pleasure. Have gotten take out and loved it but,as with almost all food, it tastes best at Boa.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

The Tom Ka Kai was most flavorful and the Cilantro was an added plus. The fried Wontons were delicious.Next was Red Curry with just the right amount of heat and various varities of seafoob and also had a delicieous tradiontal Pad Tai. Must try the Fried Bananas.

1  Thank melgoleski
Reviewed 1 September 2012

food is fresh and delish. fun to sit outside but inside is beautiful too. the thai iced tea is cold and refreshing. service is friendly and fast. everything we've ordered we've loved.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

I have been planning on going here since this place opened a few seasons ago. No one ever wants to come since every restaurant that has opened there before has been a disappointment. Finally my husband agreed to take our family and we all enjoyed our meals. The number one dish was the Tom Ka Kai soup. Two people ordered it and after they got it and everyone had a taste 2 more placed an order for it. My husband's pad thai was good but nothing extraordinary. The thai duck salad was a hit with my mother and I enjoyed the barbeque chicken.