“Great relaxing retreat”
Review of A Butler's Manor

A Butler's Manor
Ranked #1 of 6 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2008

We loved our stay at this quaint Bed and Breakfast. When we arrived in the rain, Chris, one of the owners, came running out with umbrellas and helped us make our way into the house. Here we were greeted by Kim. They are both great people with a great personalities. They showed us around the house, which has the charm of an old home, but all the amenities of today, including wireless internet. Fresh baked cookies and tea helped us warm up as we unpacked and became comfortable with our surroundings. We were there two days and the breakfasts were great and made with fresh items from the garden. The backyard is well kept and provides a nice retreat for reading and enjoying the fresh air. We had an opportunity to sit outside for breakfast one of the days we were there and loved it!

I definitely recommend this. You can choose a room with just a shower or a full bath tub. We had chosen the one with a shower stall. This bathroom was small, but I didn't mind at all, since it was well lit and clean.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moose99

Reviewed 7 May 2008

Staying at the Manor with Kim and Chris is like staying with old friends -- but better. Unlike most of our friends, they anticipate our every need and more! From the minute you pull into the parking area, and Chris comes out to meet you and take your bags, you are welcomed into their warm and gracious home. The rooms are lovely, and the common areas are warm and inviting. Curl up on the couch in front of the warm fire and read, or sit in the charming garden. Wine is served along with wonderful conversation in the late afternoon. And the breakfasts are scrumptious! Once you have stayed here, you will be spoiled!

Reviewed 23 April 2008

My wife and I just had a wonderful weekend in "the Hamptons". We did everything from wine tasting, shopping, peeping in on the rich and famous, wonderful dining, walking on a deserted beach to see a beautiful sunset, climbing a historic lighthouse, etc. We even saw a nesting swan in a little pond in East Hampton. This beautiful bird didn't seem to mind people approaching her up close.
The Butler's Inn was perfectly located for all our activities. Kim and Chris were warm and gracious hosts. From their initial greeting
they both responded to our needs and questions with a very easy pleasant manner that made us both feel at ease and comfortable. They both seemed to be there when we needed them but were never intrusive into our activities. The Inn is meticulously clean and organized with a very warm and pleasant decor and atmosphere. The little details that were done constantly amazed me and are too numerous to go into here. One can tell that Kim and Chris take pride
in their Inn.
I strongly recommend this Inn for anyone needing a wonderful place to stay on the "Island". Doug T.

Reviewed 17 April 2008

We were so forrtunate to get a 2 night stay at "A Butler's Manor." We have stayed at many a Hampton B and B, but this was elegant,professional, fun, and fabulous. The home is gorgeous and done to a turn. Everything is there, with Kim and Cris not forgetting anything. There is wine when you come in and in your room, as well as chocolates. The breakfasts were of gourmet quality and the guests chatted and had a grand time. We felt like a family. We have decided to make this our"home away from home" when we come to the Hamptons!!!

Reviewed 10 October 2007

The owners made every effort to make my stay enjoyable and relaxing, and they certainly succeeded. The effort was in the well-thought out details. Within 24 hours of booking I received an email inquiring about any dieting restrictions or preferences. If I happen to have forgotten anything such as tooth paste, a beach towel, or even a good book, it was available. A self-made brochure of area attractions and restaurant suggestions is provided for guests. A binder of all area restaurants and menus is also available. Not only did I enjoy what was served at breakfast, but I also enjoyed the company of the other guests.

In addition, I am extremely picky about the quality of my accommodations. As a result, I rarely get a good night’s sleep while I am away, even while at a nice hotel. My room was exceptionally clean and I slept like a rock.

Stayed: September 2007
4  Thank VacationerNewJersey
Reviewed 21 August 2007

Pro's: great pool, nice house, very friendly hosts, nice touches.

Things that could be improved (given the price): breakfasts lacking any healthy options, tv's in rooms are ancient and in need of updating, bathroom and carpet in room a little tired.

Stayed: July 2007
12  Thank Vacation988
Reviewed 8 August 2007

This was my husband and I's first stay in The Hamptons. We thoroughly enjoyed A Butler's Manor. Chris and Kim are wonderful hosts with some great stories and recommendations. In fact Kim has a typed sheet with places to see, etc. The house is impeccable, the gardens are extraordinary, and the breakfasts are scrumptious! Chris is a true English Butler and I also recommend their book "A Butler's Life". We loved our stay and hope to return!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank danechance
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
Southampton Inn
Mill House Inn
Mill House Inn
#1 of 11 in East Hampton
East Hampton Art House Bed and Breakfast

Been to A Butler's Manor? Share your experiences!