“Fabulous in all respects. My first choice for my next business trip!”
Review of A Butler's Manor

A Butler's Manor
Ranked #1 of 6 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2009

I'm in the area twice a year for business. This was my first stay here, but Chris and Kim made it so memorable that this is now my first choice for my next visit to the area.

We were welcomed in a genuine, warm way, and Kim even offered to help carry things in. We got to see our rooms (wonderful!), and were shown around. Her breakfasts were amazing, and Chris' gracious manner was a treat, every day.

The only drawback we experienced was had nothing to do with the Inn, and that was simply the morning traffic between Southampton and Bridgehampton.

This was easily the most pleasant stay I've had in the area.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Donalds_Screenname

Reviewed 4 June 2009

What a fantastic find!My husband and I stayed for 6 nights,it was the first time we had been to the Hamptons,we came over from the UK,and Chris & his lovely wife Kim made our stay truely memorable!We had a wonderful room with a four poster bed! and I couldn't fault anything!Their attention to detail,genuine warmth ,wonderful food was so refeshing!!We were pampered,and spoilt and you felt as if you had known them for years!!We were so thrilled to have found this gem , please don't miss the experience!.We will definitely be going back,!They have a fabulous garden with a swimming pool and we both totally chilled out.Kim &Chris are two very special people,and you would be hard pressed to find anywhere that gives you this level of personal service,very rare these days!! 'I'd give them more than 10 out of 10!!

Reviewed 25 May 2009

I can't say enough positive things to explain how much we loved our stay at A Butler's Manor. The Inn was beautiful the breakfast was amazing and the Innkeepers are wonderful people who you feel like you have known for years after just meeting them. I can't wait to stay there again. It is everything a B&B should be and more!

Reviewed 17 May 2009

run by Chris (a real english butler) and Kim (his wife) the stay my wife and I had was perfect! They pay attention to every detail and are right on top of their game!
a little pricey , however , if you are looking to do it right-this is the place!

1  Thank tiger0526
Reviewed 14 May 2009

A lovely place in Southampton, near East Hampton and Sag Harbor. A short and scenic ferry ride from nearby Sag Harbor to the wine region of the North Fork. Chris and Kim Allen are exceptionally friendly and gifted hosts. After our daily excursions we enjoyed relaxing, reading, and sipping wine in the very comfortable common area beside the fireplace. If you like gardens you will love this place. Exceptional restaurants for gourmet dining abound in the area and Chris and Kim know all of them. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to the Hamptons.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2009

We are well-traveled and stay in many beautiful inns and B&B's throughout the US and Europe. This is the standard to which we compare all other B&B's. Our son lived in the Hampton's for many years with his friends. This is the place we would stay when we visited him. In fact, we often planned our trips around their availability. When I tell this story, Kim and Chris will know who wrote this review as it became well known in the area. The first time we were going out to see our son, we weren't sure where to stay and made reservations at The Butler's Manor. Our son was out and about town, and knowing how picky I am, asked several townspeople, telling them "my mom's a little clean crazy, she even vacuums all our mattresses". The answer he got astounded him -"She'll be fine, so does Kim". I felt great. After I met Kim & Chris, I knew we made the right decision. Their exuberance is infectious. They truly love what they do and it is reflected in everything they do. You feel like royalty when you stay here. If you can get reservations here, lucky you!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2009

This place was SUCH a pleasant surprise. We've stayed at a lot of B&Bs and never had such a wonderful time. Chris and Kim are amazing hosts, their house is an absolute gem, and I can't wait to return when the weather turns warm to see what becomes or their gardens (they were bursting with promise during our early-spring stay). This was only our second visit, yet when we walked through the door it felt like a homecoming.

I thought the whole "butler" thing was going to be some sort of gimmick, but instead it's what makes this stay so special. Their attention to detail, and their commitment to service, make this an amazing experience. We will never stay anywhere else in the Hamptons after this.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spinnaker92
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
#1 of 11 in East Hampton
The Hedges Inn
The Hedges Inn
#2 of 11 in East Hampton

Been to A Butler's Manor? Share your experiences!