“Cafe Crust”

Add it.
Cafe Crust
Ranked #41 of 165 Restaurants in Southampton
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great thin crust pizza. My wife and I were having lunch with our older son and we all commented that our (separate) pizzas were one of the best we have ever had.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Between heading to the beach, or shopping, or even before walking around town, stop here for lunch. We did, and the pizza was superb, just the right amount of cheese and sauce. Wife had a shrimp salad, and was delighted. Look forward to returning.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

The food is over the top good! Try the vegetable panenni - loaded with grilled vegies and mozzarela, and topped with a balsamic glaze. Have eaten there 3-4 times and each experience has been a very good one. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Being a native born Southampton resident, I tend to be skeptical of new restaurants in this area. So often, newly opened establishments are clearly targeting the wealthy seasonal tourists who feel that over paying on iffy food is a good thing. For that reason it took me several months before I got around to trying Cafe Crust (about a mile from our home). On line I saw that the prices at Crust were a tad higher than the average pizza/Italian restaurant and that made me suspicious along with the fact that they touted "healthy food" which is often just a way to over charge. I was wrong on both counts. Yes, the prices are a little high but the pizzas, huge salads, and smoothies are definitely made with fresh healthy ingredients. If you want a pie covered in greasy mozzarella, go somewhere else. Their thin crust, wood-fired pizza can be eaten without the usual guilt of eating pizzeria pizza. They serve meals, sandwiches and breakfast as well. They have a pasta special everyday that includes a huge salad for a great value. It can be noisy with lots of kids on a busy summer evening, but there is also outside seating that is more peaceful. The staff, although far from polished, are very friendly and do a decent job.

The problem I have had with them is in regard to opening hours. They are unclear about that and don't seem to know the hours themselves. I believe the sign on the door says they close at 8pm. We have been going there several times a month and usually have gone fairly early even though we typically eat late. We race our sailboat on Wednesday evenings and usually go out to eat somewhere afterward. We usually get in a restaurant by 9ish so needing a place that stays open until 10pm made it impossible to go to Crust. About a month ago we asked our friendly waiter if their summer hours were still 8pm and he said definitely not and that on weekdays they close at 10pm and weekends at 11pm. Therefore we went there a few times on Wednesday after racing and all was well. Last Wednesday we arrived at 9:30pm, and knowing it might be too late, ask the waiter that greeted us at the door if we were okay. He assured us we were. The service was fast and we ate fairly quickly. However, while we were waiting for them to pick up the check at about 10:05pm a person we had never seen before, possibly the invisible manager, showed up table side. I don't think he was one of the owners, but not sure. He proceeded to inform us that we should not come in that late and expect to be served. His attitude was unpleasant and scolding, even after we told him the waiter said we would be fine. It may be a while before I return to Crust. There are many other restaurants nearby that stay open until late. Crust really needs to get their act together regarding closing time and inform their staff. It would also be nice to have an updated sign on the door. Certainly they need to keep this person, who totally lacks people skills, away from the patrons. If it were not for this fairly ugly incident I would probably give Cafe Crust a 4 instead of a 3.

1  Thank youwishyouknew