“Better than Emeril Lagasse's in Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lobster Grille

Lobster Grille
Ranked #17 of 79 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This landmark has been here for 44 years. Serving fresh local seafood, chicken, beef and much more. a view to die for and an upstairs room for larger parties and special occasions. service is attentive, prices are reasonable, drinks are fun , nice selection of draught beers. fully air conditioned and reservations accepted.
Woodstock, Maryland
“Better than Emeril Lagasse's in Vegas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I am 54 years old and have been to many different restaurants. The Lobster Grille (as it is now named) is the best of the best. My husband's family lived on Long Island for approximately 30 years and The Lobster Inn was the restaurant of choice when anyone from out of town was visiting or when the opportunity presented itself. With the change of ownership approximately 1 1/2 years ago, the food and service have not been compromised and possibly has improved.

I take pride in my own culinary skills and have at times been disappointed when eating out -- feeling that I could have prepared the meal better myself. Well...certainly that is NOT the case at the Lobster Grille. We each had the surf-n-turf. My husband chose the stuffed shrimp in place of the lobster tail. Neither of us was disappointed. From the filet mignon and lobster/shrimp to the vegetables -- perfection.

Our server, Leslie, was friendly, efficient and courteous. When we asked if a local wine was dry she told us that she had not tried that particular wine yet, but she would find out. She came back indicating that it was a dry white and we ordered it. Superb! Nautique Esprit de blanc, Long Island, NY. (Peconic Bay Wineries, I think). Leslie was attentive without being overbearing. The perfect service!

I wish there was a Lobster Grille in Baltimore, Maryland!

• Visited April 2013

LONG ISLAND, NY
“Tie up and eat.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2012

It's good food made even better if you arrive by boat. Spend the day on the water, and tie up and eat some great seafood. fun place!

Visited August 2012
Long Island, New York
“Worse food ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2012

We recently went for my birthday my husband and I had the worse meal ever I couldn't even stand to pay the bill fit this meal I'm totally disgusted nobody should try this place stay sway!!!

“One bad experience may end a long tradition”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

There are 3 Eastern LI places I make a point of visiting every summer: this restaurant, the Lobster Roll, and Gosman's. I saw it was under new management and was now the Lobster Grille, but thought nothing of it. I ordered clam bellies as an appetizer--very good. Then came my lobster salad. It was so salty it was almost inedible, and contained only small shreds of lobster meat. I sent it back, which I never do at restaurants unless something is REALLY wrong. To their credit, the restaurant comped me a replacement. The waiter explained that the first portion had come from the bottom of the container, and the replacement was from a new batch. It was much better--not salty, with large chunks of tasty lobster meat.

Dessert was key lime pie, my favorite after a seafood meal. It was good, but I remember the crust as better before and the portion more generous.

I may try it again before it shuts down for the season after Columbus Day, but I'm getting leery in view of this experience and the other recent bad reviews.

Visited July 2012
New York City, New York
“Server actually stole $$$ from us...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

Visiting from out of state with a group of 6. Not being a local we gave it a try as it was close by to where we were staying.

We were sat in a booth with an empty booth directly behind us. As we were 6 in a single booth someone in our group put their purse in the booth behind her with a light sweater on top of it (literally 6 inches away from her). About 5 minutes later she notices that an adult woman server (looked to be around 45-50 years old) was holding her sweater and fussing with her purse. My friend noticed this and, thinking she was just cleaning the table off at first offered to take her purse and sweater and place it somewhere in our booth. The server who was definitely surprised said "Oh! I thought this belonged to the previous group! I'm sorry, no don't worry you can leave it here". We thought absolutely nothing of this until it was time to pay the bill and over $100 was missing from the now opened purse. Being absolutely certain that her purse had been pilfered, we calmly explained the situation to the server who denied it but rather oddly replied immediately with "Is there a problem paying the bill with your group?"

The booths aren't big and this woman server was sitting down to "clean the table" and was actually seen holding the sweater in one hand which was on top of the purse. No one else but her went near the booth at all. Pretty ballsy of her but not if she thought the purse didn't belong to us as she originally indicated.

The manager did nothing.

Stay away - money grubbing servers at work.

p.s. the lobster salad was quite tasty.

• Visited August 2012