“Great Find/Relaxed Atmosphere”

Lobster Grille
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: This landmark has been here for 44 years. Serving fresh local seafood, chicken, beef and much more. a view to die for and an upstairs room for larger parties and special occasions. service is attentive, prices are reasonable, drinks are fun , nice selection of draught beers. fully air conditioned and reservations accepted.
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We had a party recently for out of town guests (23) and they did a fabulous job. The food, service and drinks (try the fishbowl) were excellent. The staff was attentive and the food plentiful. We were on the second level overlooking the pond and the sunset only added to the evening. Thanks to everyone at the restaurant for making the night perfect!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

The Lobster Inn of my memory was sold after 43 years of the same ownership. We went over the 4th of July salivating for the salad bar and steamed lobster. I did not notice that their sign now reads "Lobster Grille Inn". The place was empty at dinner hour, which should have been my first clue. The server came over, took our drink and dinner orders and then disappeared. I called her over to see if I could get some bread and butter, and she told me that she did not think that any bread was "ready". When she brought a basket over, the meatball sized rolls ( I don't know what to call them) were underbaked and the sliced bread was cold. she did not bring any bread plates. My steamed lobster was undercooked and had to be sent back. The only type of potatoes offered were small white ones, and obviously were cooked beforehand, were overcooked and dusted with cinnamon. I sent back the potatoes and they were replaced with slightly fresher ones. The female manager came over and and apologized for everything, but did nothing to make amends; I told her that this would be my first and last time eating here, and again she offered nothing. My daughter ordered stuffed shrimp, and four or five small shrimp were on her plate, again with the same cinammon potatoes. I guess I will have to remember the good times we had at the original Lobster Inn, definitely not the Lobster Grille Inn.

1  Thank queensuze
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This place is a gem out in the hamptons....Great service, out of this world food, and the prices are not what you would expect from southhampton....mon- fri, if u get there by 630 pm ,they offer a early bird special that is great deal... The restaurant is all wood and decorated with the seashore feel...along with a nice view....

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I am 54 years old and have been to many different restaurants. The Lobster Grille (as it is now named) is the best of the best. My husband's family lived on Long Island for approximately 30 years and The Lobster Inn was the restaurant of choice when anyone from out of town was visiting or when the opportunity presented itself. With the change of ownership approximately 1 1/2 years ago, the food and service have not been compromised and possibly has improved.

I take pride in my own culinary skills and have at times been disappointed when eating out -- feeling that I could have prepared the meal better myself. Well...certainly that is NOT the case at the Lobster Grille. We each had the surf-n-turf. My husband chose the stuffed shrimp in place of the lobster tail. Neither of us was disappointed. From the filet mignon and lobster/shrimp to the vegetables -- perfection.

Our server, Leslie, was friendly, efficient and courteous. When we asked if a local wine was dry she told us that she had not tried that particular wine yet, but she would find out. She came back indicating that it was a dry white and we ordered it. Superb! Nautique Esprit de blanc, Long Island, NY. (Peconic Bay Wineries, I think). Leslie was attentive without being overbearing. The perfect service!

I wish there was a Lobster Grille in Baltimore, Maryland!

Reviewed 31 December 2012

It's good food made even better if you arrive by boat. Spend the day on the water, and tie up and eat some great seafood. fun place!