“Great atmosphere, great food!”
Review of Southampton Publick House - MOVED

Southampton Publick House
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Great atmosphere, great food!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Came in for dinner on Tuesday night and there were four people waiting in front of us to be seated. A gentleman behind the bar noticed several people, including us waiting to be seated so he went in the back to get someone up front. One person came out and helped the party before us then one lady came to help us. Very rudely she said "2?!" And we asked if we could have a booth and the lady responds with "what do you mean?! We are really busy tonight. You can sit near the bar if you want a booth." So we told her whatever they had in the dining room was fine. And as she went to seat us she put the menus down and kept walking. She didn't even turn around to see if it was ok or tell us this is where we'd be sitting. Very rude hostess!! We've been here several times and never encountered someone like this. Other then that our waitress, Diana was great and the food was wonderful!

• Visited November 2013

Connecticut
“Disappointing!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

An old English pub atmosphere that felt cozy and welcoming. The Halloween decorations inside and out were great. Prior to our arrival we were unaware of the two for one entrée offering. There was a separate menu as well as select items from the main menu. My husband got the duck which he liked but the mashed potatoes were so-so (more like cafeteria style). I specifically asked the waitress about the two steak offerings. She didn't know and checked with the kitchen. She informed me that one was a flatiron steak and the other was a rib eye. I chose the latter and in no possible way was it a rib eye steak! It was thin, had no bone, and not at all tender. I ordered medium rare and it was medium to medium well. I know my steaks but either the waitress wrote down the wrong item or the chef doesn't know the difference. Very disappointing!

Visited October 2013
“A Pleasant Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I had lunch at Publick House in early October 2013.The menu was varied and offered something for just about anyone's taste.The service was prompt and pleasant while the soup and sandwich were very good. The atmosphere was pleasant although rather dark and reminiscent of a old English pub. The establishment was a pleasant break from the run-of-the mill lunch alternatives and I would not hesitate to return on my next visit to the Southampton area.

• Visited October 2013
stockbrdge GA
“Great Food, Great Brew”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Took our mom out for her 81st bday. We all enjoyed comfortable surroundings, friendly service and very good food. The seasonal beer brewed in the microbrewery was exceptionally good and we would definitely go back and sample others they come out with. The menu had a nice selection and daily specials were offered.

• Visited October 2013
Danville, Pennsylvania
“Great Beer, Good Food”
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

I always have great beer and food here. The atmosphere is very nice and the bar gives some appetizers, if you sit there long enough.