“Best food in Southampton.”
Review of Plaza Cafe

Plaza Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Plaza Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 81 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: First Neck Lane
Description: New American Seafood restaurant with land fare and vegetarian options as well in a casual setting with refined service and ann eclectic wine list. Awarded Excellent Reviews by the New York Times and Long Island Newsday and an Award of Excellence by Trip Advisor. Named best Seafood House on Long Island by Long Island Newsday Food Critic Mr. Peter Gianotti. Bar Menu Available along with a Speciality Drink Menu. Half Plate Menu available during the week and a Three Course Lobster Tasting Menu available on Friday Evenings. Prix Fixe Menu available all evenings on Sundays. Available for Private Events. Look for are Food Truck coming soon.
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The Plaza Cafe is not cheap but the food is excellent and served in very pleasant and relaxed surroundings. Our server was friendly and very knowledgable about their food and wine. She even wrote a list of things we should see during our stay in Southampton.
Would go back.

Reviewed 28 September 2010

Plaza Cafe is a class act that never disappoints. Chef Doug Gujila loves what he does and it shows in the presentation of every dish served. Everything is sourced locally, is uber fresh and tasty and so creative. The tuna tian appetizer and the seafood shepherd's pie are to die for! And more than just the food, the service is top drawer: highly professional and knowledgable with just the right degree of friendliness -- no summer student waiters here -- and a huge bonus among the restaurants in the Hamptons that are crowded and noisy, Plaza Cafe is an elegant oasis of PEACE with just the right amount of background noise.

We are foodies and locals and business owners, and Plaza Cafe is our number one choice for both ourselves and to recommend to clients.

2  Thank kimbrwrite
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We are accustomed to dining at very good restaurants in the Chicago area, and are sometimes disappointed by 'fine dining' establishments in other areas. However, we had a wonderful experience at Plaza Cafe. The service was excellent - our server was polite, friendly and very knowledgeable about the food and wines. The food was very good; we tried the lobster and corn chowder which was wonderful and the seafood "Shephard's Pie" and the scallops, which were both excellent. We liked it so much that we returned another evening just to have coffee, and enjoyed two excellently prepared desserts. Definitely worth a visit if you enjoy good food and don't mind paying a premium for it.

Reviewed 22 May 2010

We had a wonderful dinner at the Plaza Cafe. From cocktails to dessert, everything was first rate. The restaurant has a simple, understated elegance and the service was superb. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 8 October 2009

I was looking for a quick bite to eat and stumbled upon the Plaza Cafe.
The name is misleading- it is far more than a cafe.
From the moment I was greeted at the door till when I left I was treated like royalty. My server was very knowledgeable and steered me to a fantastic meal. I also was able to try a glass of a Croatian wine that also enhanced my dining experience. I highly recommend this hidden gem to everyone and I look forward to the next time I'm lucky enough to dine there.

1  Thank lazyboy123nyhot