“Such a gem!”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Such a gem!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I recently stayed here with my Mom for a weekend in the Hamptons! I’d never been to Southampton before so I had no idea what to expect. This Inn was perfectly located! Lots of great shops and restaurants (including the Tuscan House, my new favorite) within walking distance. The town is so quaint and cute! The Inn was great. Very clean and very accommodating staff. Our room was pretty large too, not too tight for 2 people which was nice. The pool was perfect and even included rafts! And they even offer rides to the beach! I can’t wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had a outside room facing the parking lot. it wasn't loud at all so I was happy with it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was a little disappointed when I arrived at the hotel. Prices are very high so I was expecting a lot more than an Inn in South Hampton. The hotel is clean and walking distance to all shops and restaurants. Staff not so friendly and the grounds of the hotel look like any Best Western anywhere else in the US. Not that there is anything wrong with a Best Western but for the price and the area I was expecting a lot more. Plus the pictures and what they show in the website looks way better than what you see when you get there in person. The magic of pictures, retouching and editing!!!! i guess...

I would not recommend this hotel and will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vilmarie A

Travellers are raving about these Southampton hotels

new york city
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is run by sub-par management. The electronic key cards are a joke. Had to have mine re-programmed 5 times in less than 24 hours (and no, I didn't put it next to my cell phone).

Reached out to the manager about something else, only to be ignored.

Rooms are clean, walls are thin, my phone was dead, the TV was inaudible.

No biggie. It's just a motel.

Be careful of the cancellation policy, not that I invoked it. It's absurd.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank blackmojo
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I were seeking a quiet local quick get away and booked a one night stay at this INN. From the moment we arrived, we were excited to see this beautiful place. It was so neatly kept from the grounds to the room. The owner was very personable and greeted us with a smile. The staff were also very pleasant, especially the Shuttle bus Driver who was so helpful and charming. We had an upstairs room with a pool view, which was very lovely. The room was super clean with a tremendous king size comfy bed. Although we did not bring our dog, we were thrilled to learn that dogs are welcome if one chooses to bring their pet along, which for those who don't have actual children know that our pets are like our children :) The town was in walking distance with fabulous restaurants and shops, including Antiquing nearby. We would definitely return to this place and thanks for a great experience!!

Room Tip: Upstairs above pool for sure :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter M
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The Southampton Inn is in an amazing location. I stayed here in June and having a pool was ideal because it was too cool to hit the beach.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. My only complaint is you can hear every step the person makes above you. We had to switch rooms to a top floor room because of the noise. Besides that, the place was great.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank mlms1206
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hi - we stayed here for a night just before the fourth of july weekend. this was a last minute trip for us so booked the place without much research. in fact most online reviews were negative but i needed something close to the village since we were a family with young kids. upon arrival i was pleasantly surprised with the service levels and the quality of the room (although the common areas like the lobby could use a little refurbishment). the amenities like the pool, games area and the open lawn were all great ways to entertain the kids. the staff was very helpful when it came to suggestions on what to do in the village or going to the beach. and as promised, the location was suberp! overall a great experience. i would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

You are really paying for the location with this motel. We chose it because they allowed dogs, and the large yard in the back was an excellent place to allow our dog to run around. It also looked like a good area to let your kids play outside, and the pool looked fine though I didn't use it. The restaurant service was the worst I've experienced in years. Service was very slow, and after waiting more than 30 minutes for our simple breakfast, the waiter dropped our entire breakfast on the ground just two feet from our table.

Room Tip: Our room opened onto the parking lot. I might recommend asking for a room that opens to the yard beh...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
The Hamlet Inn
Topping Rose House
Topping Rose House
#1 of 1 in Bridgehampton
Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa

Been to Southampton Inn? Share your experiences!