“All in all a decent stay. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Southampton Inn

Southampton Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Southampton
DEMAREST
“All in all a decent stay. ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Would have given 4 stars had it not been for the pricing upfront full payment and cancellation policy. Beach shuttle and Coopers Beach were wonderful, and we were fortunate enough to have amazing weather.

We stayed for 5 nights and were generally pleased. Pool is nice with enough chairs, and location is excellent. Accommodations were basic and the room was sizable for the two of us and my bicycle. And Tempur-pedic beds! Room was clean/basic. TV was a 32" flat screen-which was small considering the distance from the bed.

We stayed on the second floor as recommended by others and had no noise problems. Biggest gripe was the limited quantities of soap, TP, and no laundry bags. We found ourselves having to call the desk a few times after the room had been cleaned for more supplies.

We'd come back.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
J-Rod-M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had a serious car accident and requested a ONE HOUR extension on checkout -- the manager said flatly, "No." I asked again nicely, not believing what I'd just heard. I explained that they had between 11am (checkout) and 4pm (check-in) to clean rooms, so they could easily put my room a little later. But I heard absolutely "no" again.

This would be bad enough. But the hotel is overpriced and under-serviced. My room was late for check-in and was very bland. No one ever offers help in this Inn, you have to ask persistently.

We have all experienced bad hotels. But this hotel has something different -- the service and attitude seem cursed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank J-Rod-M
SouthamptonInnNY, Manager at Southampton Inn, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We at the Southampton Inn were sorry to learn of your accident, and understand how such an event would completely disrupt the course of your stay. We will always accommodate early check ins or late check outs when possible, however, during the summer months we are sold out with an urgent turnaround for our incoming guests at four o’clock. We are disappointed that our offering to hold your luggage and use our changing and shower facilities did not improve the situation. Guests are always permitted to use all of the inn amenities – like pool, dining, beach van, etc. while waiting for their room and after their departure, especially in an attempt to diffuse threats at the front desk.

Again, we are sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing and we wish you the best in future visits to the east end.

Management

Travellers are raving about these Southampton hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I recently stayed here with my Mom for a weekend in the Hamptons! I’d never been to Southampton before so I had no idea what to expect. This Inn was perfectly located! Lots of great shops and restaurants (including the Tuscan House, my new favorite) within walking distance. The town is so quaint and cute! The Inn was great. Very clean and very accommodating staff. Our room was pretty large too, not too tight for 2 people which was nice. The pool was perfect and even included rafts! And they even offer rides to the beach! I can’t wait to go back!

Room Tip: We had a outside room facing the parking lot. it wasn't loud at all so I was happy with it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was a little disappointed when I arrived at the hotel. Prices are very high so I was expecting a lot more than an Inn in South Hampton. The hotel is clean and walking distance to all shops and restaurants. Staff not so friendly and the grounds of the hotel look like any Best Western anywhere else in the US. Not that there is anything wrong with a Best Western but for the price and the area I was expecting a lot more. Plus the pictures and what they show in the website looks way better than what you see when you get there in person. The magic of pictures, retouching and editing!!!! i guess...

I would not recommend this hotel and will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Vilmarie A
new york city
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel is run by sub-par management. The electronic key cards are a joke. Had to have mine re-programmed 5 times in less than 24 hours (and no, I didn't put it next to my cell phone).

Reached out to the manager about something else, only to be ignored.

Rooms are clean, walls are thin, my phone was dead, the TV was inaudible.

No biggie. It's just a motel.

Be careful of the cancellation policy, not that I invoked it. It's absurd.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank blackmojo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I were seeking a quiet local quick get away and booked a one night stay at this INN. From the moment we arrived, we were excited to see this beautiful place. It was so neatly kept from the grounds to the room. The owner was very personable and greeted us with a smile. The staff were also very pleasant, especially the Shuttle bus Driver who was so helpful and charming. We had an upstairs room with a pool view, which was very lovely. The room was super clean with a tremendous king size comfy bed. Although we did not bring our dog, we were thrilled to learn that dogs are welcome if one chooses to bring their pet along, which for those who don't have actual children know that our pets are like our children :) The town was in walking distance with fabulous restaurants and shops, including Antiquing nearby. We would definitely return to this place and thanks for a great experience!!

Room Tip: Upstairs above pool for sure :)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Peter M
Cornelius, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The Southampton Inn is in an amazing location. I stayed here in June and having a pool was ideal because it was too cool to hit the beach.

Rooms are clean and comfortable. My only complaint is you can hear every step the person makes above you. We had to switch rooms to a top floor room because of the noise. Besides that, the place was great.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank mlms1206
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southampton
The Hamlet Inn
Topping Rose House
Topping Rose House
#1 of 1 in Bridgehampton
Gurney's Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa

Been to Southampton Inn? Share your experiences!