“The absolute BEST in Long Island”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southold
The North Fork Table & Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Southold
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have dined at MANY restaurants all over the world and North Fork Table and Inn sits in my top 5 as the best meal I've ever had. I won't even go into discussion about what I have had, as I have had many items off the menu and all were amazing. The service is impeccable, the chef is super talented, the place is super clean, the decor perfection. This is an absolute find for a date-night.... truly. The cost is high, but I would've easily paid TWICE what I did and not blinked an eye. It was THAT good. Also, if you have the chance when the weather is good, check out The Food Truck located in the parking lot at lunch time. I drive an hour and a half for meals at both places and will take up an entire afternoon/evening out for a meal and not even care if I am traveling to North Fork Inn. Not only is it the best meal I've ever had in the North Fork but easily one of the best I have ever had in Long Island. Don't miss it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank taylormccomb
There are newer reviews for The North Fork Table & Inn

Reviewed 6 September 2013

I used to be a girl who always favored the south shore of long island. However, several years ago my girlfriend moved to the North fork. After getting around and checking out different places..we came upon The North Fork Table and Inn. I then mentioned it at work to my friend bruce who was an est ender and had territory for work out there, he told me GO...GO to the restaurant ...you won't be disappointed!! Well he was so right... Every aspect...fantastic...The tasteful decor....the service...the food...even the drink...a fresh orange infused martini...to die for! I've been back and cannot express enough how much i treasure each visit! My husband is a very busy contractor so our visits are few...but it certainly keeps them SPECIAL! thank you thank you for the marvelous atmosphere, delicious food and outstanding service.. I adore you.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debs259
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Only one word can describe the food, staff and atmosphere: Unbelievable! You don't need two hundred characters to describe the dining experience. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lmlakar
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I recently went back to North Fork Table and Inn to celebrate a special event. I was as pleased as the other times I have been. This is not an inexpensive experience but it is an experience. The food was really great, the service impeccable and they treated our guest of honor as their own guest of honor which I really appreciated. This is an excellent choice of restaurants if you have a special occasion to celebrate. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank izzyq
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I'll agree with prior posts about the quality of the restaurant, but the hotel left much to be desired, especially for $275/night. The hotel is really a bunch of spare rooms for rent on top of the restaurant, and while the owners are friendly, they haven't figured out how to operate a hotel. It's difficult to get in touch with the manager for basic requests since they work a restaurant schedule; during the day, only kitchen staff (primarily non-English speaking) are around, while at night, the managers are busy with the restaurant and ignore you. The furniture and linens are high-quality but the rooms themselves are somewhat like a Motel 6, which cheap carpeting and a dingy feel.

The restaurant experience is entirely different and I'd highly recommend trying to make a reservation there if you're visiting the North Fork. The interior decor is Martha Stewart-style and the cuisine is classic upscale American, using local seasonal ingredients. Although the Zagat score of 29 may be a stretch -- Thomas Keller's French Laundry in California gets the same score -- we had a wonderful meal.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sfmwh
Reviewed 3 June 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend here and found it to be a lovely experience. The most notable quality being the the absolute dedication to gracious service. Every staff person we dealt with was well-trained, enthusiastic, and supremely gracious in their service. They really seem to delight in providing a memorable experience.

The entire place is kept impeccably clean. Breakfast was fabulous, and they clearly over-deliver on the promise of a "light continental" meal. Do not miss a meal or snack at the food truck out back. It's so good and so much fun!

I hate to introduce a sour note, but if you are considering this place you should know that the room itself is uninspiring. It's perfectly clean and adequately appointed, but if you are expecting even something on the order of a high end chain type of room, you will be disappointed. My husband and I were quite comfortable, and would most definitely go again. We stayed in room 3.

I cannot comment on the restaurant beyond breakfast because we had other commitments for the weekend, but the cocktail menu I passed every day made me regret that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail G
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed for 3 nights with an infant in rooms 3 & 4 at NFTI on Memorial day weekend. The personal care and service we received were unparalleled. Breakfast is the reason we woke up daily! Delish! Dinner Saturday night was fabulous, that we decided to repeat on Sunday night as well. NFTI is a culinary destination and deserve all the praise. Your Staff is your greatest asset! We will definitely return. Thank you to Mike, Mary, Claudia, Gerry, Reagan, Ashley, Alice....all all others for your impeccable service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank delish854
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southold
Sound View Greenport
#2 of 3 in Southold
The Duncan Inn
The Duncan Inn
#1 of 1 in Jamesport

Been to The North Fork Table & Inn? Share your experiences!