“So delicious”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Southold
The North Fork Table & Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Southold
Reviewed 22 March 2014

we went with 6 pp so we were able to taste many foods. they were so yummy.my plates were Local Race Rock Oyster Bisque (this was by far the best soup i've ever had in my life!), Truffle Crusted Bay Of Maine Cod Fillet (perfectly cooked, nice size for the fish) and Maine Diver Sea Scallops Ala Plancha (would have ordered more of these if I had room). Our table felt the desserts didn't live up to the apptz and entrees. I'd be willing to try again in a heartbeat. Try for yourself.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 February 2014

After all the hype from reviewers and locals, I must say I was expecting more.

The good:
- Menu looks and sounds great.
- The food is creatively done, overall well-presented and professionally-executed.
- The service is good, although our servers could have been a bit more knowledgeable. The restaurant staff called me a day in advance to confirm reservation and called me the day of to invite us to come earlier, because it was starting to snow heavily outside and they were concerned about their patrons.
- The desserts were outstanding.

The bad:
- It is WAY overpriced. I have had much more amazing meals in the city for a lot less. And with two options (a $75 prix-fixe per person or $150 tasting menu per person), there isn't a whole lot you can do about that...
- The food is NOT that great - it was just OK. My meal was overall good. However, my girlfriend's appetizer was mediocre and the main dish with scallops and chorizo was extremely salty - I had a single bite, which left my tongue cringing for the next 36 hours and I have never had an experience like that at a restaurant (high end or not...). I did raise this as an issue with the server later and he offered us an extra complimentary dessert (to counteract the salty dish, as he put it) and gave us cookies to go for free, but I think this was a pretty lame way to compensate for a dish that was just not prepared right. We ended up eating four desserts, instead of actually enjoying a proper tasty dinner.
- The ambience is OK, but I really could have done without all the white (made me feel like I am at a hospital lobby) and the imitation fireplace. Would have been much nicer if they actually had a real fireplace at such a high end establishment...
- The server - as attentive as he was (remember that was part of the Good), made a couple of major blunders that left me even further disappointed - first, he brought my first glass of wine maybe 7-8 minutes a little too late. I went to wash my hands in the bathroom, so he missed me, but then completely forgot about me and I basically had my whole first dish without the wine. Second, he almost cried when I told him the scallops were salty. He kept repeating 'I'm sorry' as if he was 3 years old and those were the only words he knew in his vocabulary. And he was so visibly shaken that it prevented him from doing his job for the rest of the night. Luckily, there weren't too many tables to take care of at that point in the night, as we were the last reservation to come in. I get it that he was emotional (but it's not like I yelled at him, I just pointed out the obvious shortcomings of the dish he served), but the reaction and the follow up/cover up to a terrible meal was so poorly executed that I couldn't help but smile a little.

The only reason I am giving this a 2-star rating is because they really DID try and 40% of the dinner was good.. Did they deliver though...? I certainly don't think so. At such an establishment, I would expect the chef or someone else to come and address my concerns with the dish that they just served my girlfriend for $75 that, to me, was not worth more than $15 for the dessert, which was the only tasty and well-prepared course in her prix-fixe. I could have made a much bigger fuss out of this situation, but I chose not to...

I am definitely not coming back to this place, as it turned a special post-Valentine's occasion (which involved a lot of effort, planning, and actually driving through a snowstorm to get there), into a mediocre attempt at a classy dinner.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ge0rgiE1982
Reviewed 19 November 2013

WE sent our daughter and her husband to North Fork Table and Inn for a surprise getaway. They are world travelers and real foodies and both came home saying this was one the best experiences they ever had and one the most delicious meals they've ever eaten. They loved the people, their room, the surroundings and especially the food. Both commented that the menu was so enticing, the wines perfectly paired and the dishes expertly prepared. They would drive out to the North Fork just for another amazing meal at this wonderful Inn

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I made reservations a month in advance after reading all the amazing reviews here... my boyfriend and I were definitely not disappointed! We have gone to a lot of great restaurants around the world, and I would rate North Fork Table & Inn among the best. Our dinner was excellent, and the cookies we took home were a fantastic treat the next day! We ended up recommending North Fork Table to another couple we met while visiting wineries the next day, and they immediately made a reservation for that night!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2013

tasting menu and wine list are the best ive seen on the north fork.
its expensive, but worth it for the right occasion.

tasting menu was all local and seasonal. i'd also recommend the lunch truck out back.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Myself and boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed our first trip to the Northfork.
We reseved dinner weeks in advance to The North Fork Table and Inn as well as booking a room for the night (room three).

Dinner was exceptional, we enjoyed all of our three courses. It was fantastic to just walk up the stairs to our room afterward as we were stuffed.

We had a great night sleep, room three looks out to the back of the restaurant so it was nice and quiet.

The breakfast available the following day set us up for the day, the frittata amongst everything else that was available was fantastic.

Room Tip: Room three looked out the the rear of the restaurant, it was peaceful and quiet.