I stayed at the Shorecrest earlier this year for a weekend getaway with my daughter who lives in Manhattan. I am from Vermont, so this was a great place to meet up, for her to escape the city and spend a couple of days relaxing in a lovely New England Inn. We each had a room at the front of the house, the East and West rooms overlooking the Long Island sound. Great views. I see some people wrote that the rooms are small, and if you are used to staying in a commercial hotel with two double beds in the room it might seem that way. But I am from New England and love the character and charm of a place like this...the rooms were perfect in size. The bathrooms, though not large were really cleverly designed, modern and with adorable antique touches...like the mirrors. In fact we liked them so much I took some pictures for inspriation. The corner toilets were a genius way to conserve space. Great ideas for home decorating...never saw those before! We loved hanging out together in the living room, by the fire on one chilly evening and in the library, where we playbed a couple of board games. There is a sunporch too. One morning it was actually warm enough for us to drink our coffee out there. Many rooms for us to enjoy together. We didn't really notice the road noise, as there is virtually no traffic at night...the windows were kept closed and we slept like babies!!!
We enjoyed ourselves so much that I am planning a return trip with my husband as soon as we can get away!!! Would love to see the gardens and be able to take advantage of the private beach and play a bit of golf at Island's End. One more comment...the owner of Shorecrest Bed and Breakfast, Marilyn Marks, is positively one of the most gracious hosts and a lovely person.
Thanks for making our stay so terrific!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast is unparalleled in providing the most comfortable and gorgeous surroundings for your Long Island experience. From our unique location overlooking the Long Island Sound and an inlet of Shelter Bay we have the finest views in the North Fork area. Our delightful rooms each have their own character. Amenities include wifi, flat screen TVs, premium cable, fireplaces, and private bathrooms. Each morning you are welcomed in the living room with coffee, tea, and a variety of breads. Our renowned full breakfast includes popular items like our baked apple french toast. Afterwards, lounge on a hammock surrounded by our gorgeous gardens. If you're traveling with a family, group, or desire a secluded couples' retreat, consider renting one of our beach houses! Recently renovated, all come fully furnished and have beach access. Guests partake in water sports, shopping, and winery tours in the area. Give us a call to reserve your unforgettable Long Island experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shorecrest Bed And Breakfast And Beach House Hotel Southold
- Shorecrest b&b And Beach House
- Shorecrest Bed & Breakfast North Fork/Southold, New York