“THE BEST FOOD EVER!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
North Babylon, New York
“THE BEST FOOD EVER!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I love this place. The steak and lobster was amazing! If you only go to Green port area for a day or two, stop by. The signage for the restaurant on the main road is small, so watch out for it

Visited August 2014

Bradenton, Florida
“Nice find on east end of Long Island, NY”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Good food, plentiful serving; nice wait staff. Seafood special was plentiful and all cooked to perfection including the lobster. Would recommend.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Tom B
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“How is this place in business?!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I went to this restaurant with my husband, parents-in-law, and my young daughter. I will try to make this as easy as possible to digest:

Pros: Location near the beach, small/intimate dining atmosphere?, the waitress was friendly despite clearly being in the weeds waiting on 3 tables. We were clearly frustrated and she didn't say anything rude or act condescending at all. The kids meal (pasta) came out within a few minutes.

Cons:
* I had to literally beg for a cup of water. I asked the waitress 5 times and then when I still had nothing 30 minutes later I went to the bar. My FIL had 2 beers before I had a single sip of water.
* Took over an hour to get side salads (but we got to go for a walk on the beach after we realized it would take so long, so maybe this is a neutral point?)
* Appetizer (shrimp) came out in a big bowl of ice with empty dishes where the cocktail sauce should have been. Since the waitress was avoiding our table, I had to stand outside of the kitchen and ask for sauce. The answer that I got was that they were "making it". Why...? Why would you send it out incomplete? I doubt it took 45 minutes to dump some shrimp in a bowl of ice and make the cocktail sauce that tasted like it came from a can.
* Our table of 4.5 (a baby counts as a half, right?) arrived before a table of about 12. The other table ordered appetizers and drinks from the bar and they seemed to have no complaints. I don't know what happened, but we were in the restaurant for over 2 hours waiting for entrees. My husband and I asked for containers to take the food as soon as our waitress could make her way back.
* I got a caesar salad with Filet mignon. The house-made dressing tasted pretty bad. I tried to like it, but it really tasted like sour cream and mayo with a little garlic. It just wasn't good. The filet mignon was a little over cooked (I asked for medium well and it was definitely well). The waitress recommended the house marinade, but it was a salty crust of black around the steak. I also very seriously question that I was served filet mignon and not a crappier piece of meat. It didn't look right and it certainly didn't taste right. Dare I say that the cooks burned it beyond recognition? CERTAINLY not worth the $20 they wanted for it. Everybody agreed that the food was way over priced for the quality we were served. My husband's chicken parmesan was burned.
* They have no high chairs in this place at all. Instead, we were given a sticky and clearly "well loved" booster seat with no seat belt. Nobody offered to clean it and plopped it right in the chair. Thankfully I carry Clorox wipes so we were able to remedy that problem. Unfortunately, she kept sliding out of the seat. We gave up and just took her outside to run around.

We tried to like this place, but it was not at all what we hoped or remembered from previous visits. My in-laws agreed that we won't be going there again after such a disaster. Drinks aren't anything special, food is terrible, and waitresses are in the weeds after getting seated 3 times within a 2 hour time frame. If you can taste food or value your time then this is not the place for you.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank discuskrys
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“John B is wrong”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I would like to point out to the last reviewer John B about his "horrible" experience. You were a total jerk to the staff an waitress. My husband and I overheard the whole situation, the reason you were asked to leave was because you called the waitress the word for female dog in front of the whole restaurant. That's why you were asked to leave. Forgot to add that info in your review? Yup because you think you own the place and did nothing wrong. Hah we all clapped when you left the restaurant. The food, service and everything else here is great. Don't let an unruly jerk customer persuade you otherwise.
-regular customer for many years

• Visited May 2014
8 Thank Janice G
Cutchogue, New York
“This place needs to look in the mirror regarding service.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went there for dinner with family. One of the wait staff (Judy) was rude. She argued with us over the fact that our prime rib was overcooked. We ordered medium rare and got well done. She came back with an attitude and told us she could choose to ask us to leave but we would still have to pay the bill. This was never an option of course we would pay for what we ate. She then said that we should leave. I think she should go back and remember that without customers she would have no job. Needless to say we will not be going back to this restaurant and have told all of our friends, neighbors, family members and business associates about this horrible experience.

• Visited May 2014