“Such a bad restaurant!”

Ranked #16 of 36 Restaurants in Spencerport
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We have eaten in this place several times since they opened in Tops Plaza. The soup and veggies were very creative and we were happy. On our second last visit a year ago I was served a beef, cheese and Jalapeno sandwich which I could not eat. The beef was like burned leather, the bread was so stale and I could not eat any of it. The veggies were frozen, I know this because they were cold crunchy in the middle. We stayed away for a year, tried again and it was worse. I had a taco bowl which came in a china dish, consisted of iceberg lettuce and some black bits of hamburg meat. No tomato, no onion, cheese or salsa. The waitress walked away when I called this to her attention. The owner was so rude, and only offered to deduct 10% of the meal, of which I ate nothing. Never again!

2  Thank SuzanneF716

Reviewed 28 January 2012

I just returned from this diner after having a dinner party with my family.we had everything set up in the back room. we were pretty much the only people there. i ordered there "slayton plate"with cheeseburgers. the burgers were fine,the home-fries were fine.the mac salad was spoiled and it tasted like it had freezer burn.very odd. I could not believe that they would serve spoiled mac salad. i mean, that's got mayo in there! besides the spoiled mac salad the waitress was extremely rude and dismissive. she also forgot to include a drink with my dish and my sons dish and didn't bother to ask anybody at my table if they even wanted anything to drink. this was a dinner party mind you,one would think that they would treat their guests with respect and at the very least try to serve food that is not spoiled.also, after she served our food we never saw her again! she never even came back to refill the water glasses! i was really shocked at how disrespectful we were treated. definitely never going to eat there again.

6  Thank Thiwarat W
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This diner used to be the best one around...... Since they moved into a new building it has plummeted in quality.. to very poor.

We have tried their food three times before making this review, figuring it was just a bad night,,,,, nope. it wasn't.

September we stopped for lunch, got their always great ruben and a bacon salad. The ruben was spoiled...

October we stopped for dinner on a friday at 4:30pm. The scallops were spoiled, the fish was half cooked.

One last try was given after Thanksgiving... this is our neighborhood diner.. we always loved it. Lunch proved a failure again, bad(spoiled) turkey sandwich was served.

2  Thank UpstateJohn
Reviewed 1 April 2011

I'm shocked to read the comments of the first reviewer who reported such poor food and service. We have been here many, many times, for breakfast and dinner, since we moved to Ogden in 2009. We have consistently found good food and excellent service. In our experience, everyone is very attentive and friendly, including the people at the checkout. I guess any restaurant can occasionally have an off day, but we've never experienced one. We dine out at least twice a week, we visit all kinds of restaurants, from high end restaurants to burger joints, and we are VERY fussy about our meals. This is one of our favorite restaurants in Monroe County, because the food and the service are always dependably good. Don't let that negative review turn you off. You really need to try this restaurant for yourself.

Reviewed 5 March 2011

This restaurant is a giant disapointment after waiting 25 mins for our breakfast the eggs arrived rubbery and green the toast was rock hard we were offered no refills there was leftover food on the jelly containers (and our table for that matter)and the service was just terrible we politely sent our meal back and got no apology. In lieu of this they had another waitress dropped the bill on the table on the walk by and said nothing. We went to the owner who actually was there cashing people out and watching this all happen and she had nothing to say but to deny all the problems and once again offered no apology. While this was happening we watched 2 other tables send back there food and watched the owner do nothing for them either, however i did notice that there was alot of older patrons here and they must be the clientelle that they prefer to take advantage of.

4  Thank JessandDevon