“Best Mexican Restaurant!”
Review of El Bandido

El Bandido
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Spring Valley, New York
“Best Mexican Restaurant!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have been eating at El Bandido for many, many years and have always had a great experience. The food is delicious and the drinks terrific! The service is excellent, and I would definitely recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited March 2014

Belmont, Massachusetts
“Great find!”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Seven of us were visiting the area from out of state and stopped by for lunch. Wow! The service was quick, accurate and friendly. All seven of us loved our food, not one critical word. The extras were appreciated. My shrimp and avocado appetizer was fresh and delicious. The sangria and my mixed drink were fantastic. And such a fun atmosphere! Would return in a heartbeat.

• Visited April 2014
NJ
“Great atmosphere, good service, excellent food!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Excellent Mexican, salsa is one of the best, and everything is authentic. I often go for lunch because you get the same meal for less $$. The sangria is also some of the best. Order a número cinco combination and you are good to go!

• Visited December 2013
Tarrytown, New York
“Best Mexican Food In New York”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My family, friends and I have frequented El Bandido for the past 30+ years. It's a favorite for sure!! If you have never tasted Mexican food, then this is the place to go!! The reason it has been here for 35 years is because the food is always delicious, the service is great, and their sangria is not to be missed!! You will not be disappointed!!

• Visited January 2014
Spring Valley, New York
“Fantastic mexican food”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This was our first visit - a Saturday night. The place was absolutely packed to the gills but the hostess gave us proper expectations. We were seated in about 20 minutes. Chips and salsa were already at the table - perfectly warm crunchy chips with tasty homemade salsa (tomatoes, onions, cilantro, hot pepper) with the perfect amount of heat. Shortly after we were served complimentary mini cheese quesadillas. It was a nice appetizer.

We ordered a half pitcher of sangria since the cost was the same as two sangrias. The sangrias are delicious but strong - let's just say the boyfriend was the one driving us home! Our entrees were spectacular - we both splurged on shrimp dishes for about $30 each and it was worth every penny. The complimentary chimichangas were a great way to finish an amazing meal. I can't wait to eat the leftovers tomorrow.

I loved the atmosphere - the sounds of happy people talking and eating and the talented mariachi singer was really something special.

A note about service: I felt the service was perfect. The waiter was friendly and there for the beginning and end of the meal. In between the busboys brought our food and refilled our drinks. I honestly don't like hovering service, but if you're interested in chitchatting with the waiter throughout your meal this may not be the restaurant for you.

• Visited December 2013