“JFK flight”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Spring Valley
NY
“JFK flight”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Had an afternoon flight and decided to stay closer to the airport. Took about one hour to get to JFK on Sat am. Traffic was light. Difficult to find road to hotel. Receptionist directed us to Burger King and Target. That was useful. Two double beds, sufficient for 2+1. Hotel did not seem crowded, but they still put us in a room facing the highway. Noisy at night, with truck traffic. OK if tv was on but.....

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back, away from I-287.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I choose this motel because it’s about an hour out of New York City, since I'm from NY City; I wanted to keep out of traffic during the morning rush hour. My plan worked well, I had a smooth drive west the next morning. Driving to the motel can be a bit tricky once off the highway; a good street map or GPS will be useful. You have to drive into a shopping center and drive to the end of the road for the motel.

The motel seems fairly new, has the fresh Fairfield Inn felt to it. Check-in was quick and easy, my special request was honored, and price quoted on my reservation was the price charged. The property is clean and well cared for. Hallways seemed a bit dark and are flooded with security cameras; maybe that has something to do with being close to NY City. My room was very small, maybe because it was right next to the elevator? I don't know if all rooms are small; but since I was by myself and only there for a quick 9-hours, it wasn't a big deal. The motel was quiet, and I slept well. Everything in the room worked as designed. The continental breakfast was good. The breakfast room was very busy, getting a table wasn't the easiest, had to wait for someone to leave. The motel is within walking distance to Target and the Spring Valley Marketplace (exterior shopping center). This motel is far enough outside NY City to have a since of normalcy (if you’re not from the NY area), and close enough to be in the middle of NY City’s hustle bustle in about an hour. As long as the price is ok, I will consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This hotel was conveniently located just off RT 87 with very easy access back onto the highway.
This hotel was very accommodating. When I booked a room, I booked a king size bed. I then called to see if I could have a room with 2 double beds. They were more than happy do make that change for us, in less than a 24 hr notice at no extra cost. When arriving to our destination early, I called to see if we could check in early. The hotel made this accommodation for us as well.
The staff was great, the room was quiet, clean, cozy and warm with HBO. This hotel was everything our family needed after attending the pinstripe football game.
To top it off was a great hot continental breakfast with a large selection of various breakfast items for each and everyone's desire.
We will definitely be staying here again on our next stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 December 2012

family of 3 with a teenager son, stayed for 3 weekday nites in Nov 12, paid $140 (with tax) per day for a double room.

on second nite, while it was snowing and our room heater broke down. we spoke with a front desk middle-age lady "Rose", and she told us that they don't have engineers to solve the problem, and all rooms taken except one still waiting for cleaning. We turned down the offer as the room carpet was stained, smelly and dirty. She then said "come and take some blankets, see you tomorrow", showing no concerns and couldn't careless attitude. I asked for a electric heater, she replied "we don't have, as it is a fire hazard!"

this hotel is ideal for no fuss type of travelers who hope that nothing breaks down, as their business is good - no incentive to improve their services. consider if the only lift breaks (as mentioned in previous review), you have no other options.

hotels hardware may be compared objectively but it is the service that makes the difference between them, the people that is. we put up this review with the pricing so that if you are staying for more than a day, you can look around for other options.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank jt2012

Travellers are raving about these Spring Valley hotels

Sandwich
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This was a tricky little bugger to find because it's tucked in back of Spring Valley Marketplace, an outside shopping center, and despite having GPS on my Droid, I struggled to find the hotel.
I had to stop in a wine store to find directions (and to pick up a much needed bottle of wine since I had been driving for hours), and fortunately, the hotel was just on the opposite side of the shopping precinct.
The hotel is perfectly acceptable. Clean, no funny smells, my room was fine, bathroom tidy, bed linens didn't have stains, moderate quality toiletries, etc, but my ubiquitous flip flops were a must.
They had a small gym, but despite me bringing my workout gear, I never felt like dragging my butt down there. That's a recurring theme in my business travels-lug all my workout gear, with the best of intentions, only to rush by the gym feeling guilty.
The breakfast was typical of this chain, bagels, yogurt, bananas, waffles, etc. The breakfast was very clean and well stocked. Staff was very courteous, but had trouble finding a very expensive electronic device that had been shipped there. They eventually did, but I think they have to sort that out.
The strip mall has a Target, a few restaurants, (a pretty decent pizza place) that wine store, mani/pedi salon, etc.
The one amenity this place lacks is enough front of hotel parking spaces. As a female, I am always reluctant to park in the back lots, and although the back lot had adequate lighting, I felt a bit uneasy.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Clean rooms, and staff was ok. Very close to Target, shopping mall, and dinners which was very helpful. A car is must to move around there, the neighbourhood is very calm. Not too many options for breakfast. Free Wifi is a plus.

Room Tip: any rooom on elevated floor
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Merrimack, New Hampshire
Reviewed 20 November 2012

It's an older property; so the bathroom is tiny; but it's been renewed fairly recently, and the rest of the room is tidy and clean. The breakfast is great, as it has hot and cold items, and the staff is universally welcoming in my repeat experience. It's a perfect jumping off spot for my business visits into PA, NJ and NYC. There are decent dining choices nearby; and yes, finding it the first time is better done in daylight, very tricky navigation after dark. The room rate is uber competitive especially if you look nearby, maybe a reward for finding it?

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!