“Functional but in dire need of an update”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Spring Valley
New Jersey
“Functional but in dire need of an update”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Stayed here over the weekend for its close location to the train to get into NYC. Room was fairly spacious and clean. Nothing extraordinary if you are looking for luxury; this is definitely a functional stay and that translates to everything, from the hot breakfast to the limited number of towels provided.
The bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on, and needs to be replaced immediately. Walls were a bit thin and because of the width of the hallways one can hear other patrons coming in and out of their room at early hours of the day.
Service was very good, and all the staff was extremely polite and helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far away from the elevators, for the walls are thin and you will hear noisy peo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank L M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Alburtis
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We moved to PA 8 yrs ago, but when we go to Rockland County, NY we always stay at this hotel.
The rooms are clean & the staff is friendly & helpful.
They offer a breakfast which consists of cereal, rolls, yougurt, fruit & danish.
This hotel is convenient since it is right near the Thruway & is located near a shopping center that is walking distance.
The shopping center has Target, Bed bath & beyond, Christmas Tree Shop, Michaels, 9 West.
Although I have never gone inside I know the hotel has a swimming pool

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
themishmans
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Nice little hotel. The included breakfast was more than adequate. The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean. The location is a little far from any attractions (NYC is a good hour away assuming no traffic). However, it is right off the Thruway, so that's nice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
NJ
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I chose this hotel as a place to sleep after moving my daughter back into college in Westchester County, NY - much less expensive than Westchester and right before the NJ Garden State entrance.

First, it is hard to find, even though I could see it right from the NY Thruway before the exit. I had checked maps and it seemed very simple - just a couple of turns. But even with preparation I was glad I had my nav system in the dark, and even gladder I had read on Trip Advisor to keep going after the shopping center after the nav decided I had arrived.

The hotel was fine for a night's stay, and the temperature control in the room worked well on the cold night I was there. The staff was not particularly friendly, but no complaints. Room was OK. They have free WiFi, but the signal and speed was pitiful on my tablet even though I was not far from the lobby. I tried going to the lobby, and the signal was still poor to the point of being unuseable even for email - I wound up using my phone instead.

The included breakfast was OK, but not up to the standards of other Fairfield Inns I have stayed at. Some of the items were not as fresh as they could have been - it could have used a bit more attention. All in all I would stay here again if it worked out in my travel plans.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
NY
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Had an afternoon flight and decided to stay closer to the airport. Took about one hour to get to JFK on Sat am. Traffic was light. Difficult to find road to hotel. Receptionist directed us to Burger King and Target. That was useful. Two double beds, sufficient for 2+1. Hotel did not seem crowded, but they still put us in a room facing the highway. Noisy at night, with truck traffic. OK if tv was on but.....

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back, away from I-287.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I choose this motel because it’s about an hour out of New York City, since I'm from NY City; I wanted to keep out of traffic during the morning rush hour. My plan worked well, I had a smooth drive west the next morning. Driving to the motel can be a bit tricky once off the highway; a good street map or GPS will be useful. You have to drive into a shopping center and drive to the end of the road for the motel.

The motel seems fairly new, has the fresh Fairfield Inn felt to it. Check-in was quick and easy, my special request was honored, and price quoted on my reservation was the price charged. The property is clean and well cared for. Hallways seemed a bit dark and are flooded with security cameras; maybe that has something to do with being close to NY City. My room was very small, maybe because it was right next to the elevator? I don't know if all rooms are small; but since I was by myself and only there for a quick 9-hours, it wasn't a big deal. The motel was quiet, and I slept well. Everything in the room worked as designed. The continental breakfast was good. The breakfast room was very busy, getting a table wasn't the easiest, had to wait for someone to leave. The motel is within walking distance to Target and the Spring Valley Marketplace (exterior shopping center). This motel is far enough outside NY City to have a since of normalcy (if you’re not from the NY area), and close enough to be in the middle of NY City’s hustle bustle in about an hour. As long as the price is ok, I will consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Watertown, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2013

This hotel was conveniently located just off RT 87 with very easy access back onto the highway.
This hotel was very accommodating. When I booked a room, I booked a king size bed. I then called to see if I could have a room with 2 double beds. They were more than happy do make that change for us, in less than a 24 hr notice at no extra cost. When arriving to our destination early, I called to see if we could check in early. The hotel made this accommodation for us as well.
The staff was great, the room was quiet, clean, cozy and warm with HBO. This hotel was everything our family needed after attending the pinstripe football game.
To top it off was a great hot continental breakfast with a large selection of various breakfast items for each and everyone's desire.
We will definitely be staying here again on our next stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!