“Highway in front - train in back”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Spring Valley
“Highway in front - train in back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely staff, clean, convenient, but if you came here to sleep, think twice. The highway 287 is at the front, so we requested a back room. The desk agent very kindly found us one, but a train with blowing whistle went by every 90 to 120 minutes.
They were happy to give us late check out so we could catch up on some sleep, but I'd rather pay a bit more to stay someplace else.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Debbie R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you so much for staying at our hotel. You are a valued guest and we take all comments seriously. We are sorry for the inconvenience of your sleep and were glad we were able to have
you stay longer after check out to catch up to be more refreshed. We are working on the train noise and hope to see you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

To who it may concern . As me flying for business all over the world for over 20 years thank G-d and being in so many Hotels all over i must tell you that such a super wonderful staff u can not find anywhere , and the best of the best from all of them that this place is blessed to have is a super very wonderful ,kind , good , smart woman by the name ''' RAE HILTON '''she is so devoted to the guest that u can not start to image if u did not stay here yet ,,,SHE IS THE BLESSING FOR THIS PLACE .... so when ever u are in this area make sure to give it a try and i am sure that no 1 will regret ....Israel joseph from Denver CO

Room Tip: all the rooms are the same nice and clean ,,and even there is noise from the highway but it does not...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Debbie R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff and Front Desk Manager Rae. We
are proud of our staff and are glad that your expectations were met. Our promise is to take care of our valued guests each and every time. Thank you for being a valued guest of ours
and we will continue to take care of your needs in the matter that you are accustomed.
Laval, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I want to start off by saying that I have stayed in plenty of Fairfield properties, and all in all, I never had an awful stay.
The room was clean and typical of all the others in its chain.
The breakfast room was clean and plentiful.
My only complaint concerning the room is that the walls were paper thin.
Heard whole conversations from next door amongst other things :)
Other than that, the front desk service was average at best.
When I checked out, I think I got a grunt from the person manning the desk, and then as I was walking away, she said 'are you so-and-so?' which was not even my name.
So she must have checked out some other room instead!
All in all, it was an ok stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Debbie R, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
First I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. You are a valued
guest and we do apologize for the inconvenience of the noise you experienced at our hotel.
When we have groups coming in to our hotel we try to keep them together and away
from other guests in our hotel. Unfortunately for us, we had a couple of groups come in
and we thought we had everything under control. As I can see, we did not. I do hope you
come back to our hotel so we can make your next stay the way you expect it to be. Please
let me know when you will be in the area again, and I will give you an upgrade and make
sure your stay is perfect. Thank you again for your comments and for being a valued
guest of our hotel.
Cape Coral, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed here one night and although the staff was very nice and check-in was speedy, it was very noisy. It seems all the room doors do not close tightly - you can move the door back and forth when closed and when the doors close, they slam shut with a wham! Our room was facing the New York Thruway, and all the traffic noise was heard during the night - there sounded like a bump in the lanes that made a thump all night. Would I stay here again? Maybe - only if on the otherside of the building!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Doug S
VickManager, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay. We appreciate your comments on our front desk flawless check in. We are sorry to hear that your stay was unpleasant and you were woken up by the on-going traffic noise. Unfortunately, our property is located close to New York State thruway. For your next visit please do not hesitate to request a room facing back of the building. At Fairfield Inn Spring Valley we go above and beyond to satisfy our customer. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Travellers are raving about these Spring Valley hotels

Scranton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

We planned a last minute trip to NY.. to take the kids to billy bees park! Last minute we booked this hotel online after reading some decent reviews. Needless to say, wish i saw the warning signs! Ended up at the hotel at 9pm. Went into the room and started to run a bath for my three year old. It was late, but she was sticky from snacks on the ride too. Ran a bath put our bags on the desk and floor. Was giving my toddler a bath, while my husband and nefew went across the street to target to grab something to drink and snack. Put my daughter in pjs and went to put her in the bed.. WHEN I MOVED THE PILLOW THERE WERE BUGS! Not lady bugs.. or a ant.. no! BIG BED BUGS!my daughter saw them. And started to cry and scream! I instantly picked my daughter up and our bags and called my husband to meet us in the lobby and we were leaving!!!! Disgusted, beyond belief that i almost had my toddler in a bed with bugs! I carried her out into the lobby in her pjs and 915pm, still upset and scared! My husband and nefew met us in the lobby where he went back to the room and checked himself. Sure enough, i was right! They were bed bugs!! He carried the pillow out the main lobby to show the woman at the desk,and get our money back.. She asked my husband to put the pillow outside!? So he literally through it outside in the snow! We got a conformation reciept that our money was going to be credited.. so we shall see. Also was told a manager would be contacting me.. havent heard anything.. not like it would matter! We will never stay there again! Gross! Now its 930 at night and we have to go find another hotel to stay at! We arrived at the Hilton, which we should have just went to in the beginning! The hilton worker had advised us that they have heard numerous people complain about the same thing! I didnt see any reviews on here saying that they had bugs when i looked!? So hopefully this helps the next family! Spend the extra 10 mins in the car and extra $20.00 on a room at the hilton down the street! Stay away from the Fairfield if you dont want bugs!! Disgusted ..

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank k_stanton2010
Thank you for your recent review and bringing this issue to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused to you and your family. We have taken necessary measure to resolve this issue and our Assistant General Manager has reached out to you regarding your visit to our property. Our hotel promises to make you feel welcome and give you service that will make you want to return. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.
new city, ny
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

An older Marriot very reasonably priced. The front desk, the housekeeping staff, was always helpful and very friendly.
The outstanding Manager, "Debbie", was so accommodating, efficient, and super friendly.
I was from the area so I knew the location behind Target.
Convenient off the NYS Thruway.
Bed was very comfortable. I liked the on site breakfast with attentive staff. All day coffee, tea and water available.
If hotel was newer I would give it a 5.
Stayed end of November, 2013 for 3 nights

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

When you're on the road in this area, and need a "home-away-from-home" for a few days, consider the Fairfield Inn. The staff is very warm, kind, and efficient, the place is clean and comfortable. The breakfast was more than adequate for me, with fresh scrambled eggs, but I would prefer different sausages. I would return gladly.
P.s. I didn't use the pool or fitness area so I cannot rate them.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet
The Time Nyack
The Time Nyack
#1 of 3 in Nyack

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!