Stamford Gables
US$176
Travelocity
Countryside Inn(Richmondville)
US$67
Cave Mountain Motel(Windham)(Great Value!)
US$96
Hotels.com
Xenia Resort(Hunter)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Beachfront
US$111
US$109
US$96
All reviewswest roomb bher husbandfirst flooreach morningdelicious breakfastwould definitely stay here againgracious hostsstuffed french toastenjoyed our staythe sleep number bedchurchill roomnew yorkjeanjimstratfordhostess
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Stamford Gables while visiting my aunt. I can't say enough about how charming and wonderful this place is. The room we stayed in was very large and had a huge bathroom with dressing area. Breakfast was enormous and beautifully prepared. Owners Jean and her husband have thought of every detail, and this historic home is within walking distance to little shops, restaurants, and a great oce cream stand. I cannot wait until our next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night in July while in town visiting family. The house is beautiful and our room was large and appointed with a very comfortable king size bed, a huge walk-in shower, and all the amenities you would need. Jean, the owner, was very welcoming and friendly. I'm not usually someone who prefers a B&B over a hotel, but I would absolutely stay here again. Her breakfast (anything you want, basically) is cooked to order at whatever time you'd like. I never heard any of the other guests, although all the rooms were full. The only negative is that there wasn't availability for two nights! We look forward to returning to visit our family and stay at the Gables!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Stayed two nights, with my brother in the twin room, while visiting friends in Stamford. The house is lovely and our room was very comfortable. Jean, the host, has thought of everything to make a guest feel welcome & comfortable. We did not eat the breakfast however, as we ate with our friends in town, but it looked and smelled delicious. A great stay, in a beautiful home.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The secret to a B&B is good people, and Jean is one of the best I have ever meet. She went out of her way in so may way to meet our needs. The rooms were great. I had a very comfortable stay. But my favorite part was the kindness and consideration of the Inn Keeper. Jean want for you to have a very good experience in her B&B. From the greeting at the door to making sure you have everything you need; to making sure the breakfast is what you want (Her breakfast menu is basically what every you want); and she will have it ready when you want to eat it. This B&B is about service and quality. I get anywhere near this area, this is where I am staying. Jean has more than earned my customer loyalty.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Six adult family members needed a place to stay for my brother-in-laws wedding, so we booked the Gables. What a wonderful surprise! The accommodations were charming,,Victorian in decor, but modern in conveniences. Select comfort beds through- out, nice bathrooms, we had a suite with a great walkin shower. Jean, the hostess was very accommodating and a great cook! Breakfast was outstanding with lots of options and home baked goodies. At the risk of using a cliche, we would stay there again in a New York minute. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family