“Quirky!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stamford
Belvedere Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Stamford B&B and Inns
Holtwood
“Quirky!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

This is a quirky and interesting hotel. The owners are definitely security minded-front door is kept locked, access door to each floor of rooms is locked, and of course each individual room is locked. Lots of antiques and old paintings. The dining room had many tables set, ready for patrons, but curiously no dining service is offered. Looks like they wanted to preserve the prosperous look and feel of a period some 75 years ago. Overall it was an interesting stay and price was reasonable. If AC or modern accommodations are important to you, best look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Innagodadavida

Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Old Hotels and country Inns in the Catskills are suffering. You have to admire the owners who keep this once elegant Inn functioning. A pleasant stay was had -- room was clean everything functioned and staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Look at the web pages-- shows fans in the rooms. No AC DUH!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fishdogface
Woodbridge, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The Belvedere - though it may have been--in 1967, in the throes of renovations, upgrades, etc.--HARDLY offers hospitality, ambiance and that “welcome home again” friendship and camaraderie of a by gone era. In 2012, the website is quite misleading--starting with the fact that there is NO restaurant--it was closed years ago due to lack of customers. I can completely understand that there are no customers because the Innkeepers are rude and hostile! When I called to make the reservation, I was asked why we were coming to Stamford and when I mentioned that we will be visiting our boys at a nearby camp, as soon as the woman realized it was a Jewish camp, her attitude and tone completely changed. Nevertheless, when we arrived and entered the lobby (a "balmy" 86 degrees, as suggested on my iPhone), she couldn't figure out who we were--despite her notes right in front of her.. When I asked if there was air conditioning in the rooms, she became indignant and insisted "it gets cool at night" (mind you--it was 90 degrees outside and it was already past 10:00pm. When I told her I was surprised that this was never mentioned, she said this is because it is a "Country Inn". I politely mentioned that their website is misleading--indicating there is a restaurant with "dishes to die for", as well as no indication of the lack of air conditioning. At that point, she told me they don't manage the website and if we didn't like it we should leave. Dumbfounded, my husband said "excuse me?". The woman called her husband to the desk and he said in the rudest possible way--"GO HOME...GO POUND SALT!" Hospitality my ..a**!!

Room Tip: choose a room at another property.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank CathyS4559

Travellers are raving about these Stamford hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Countryside Inn
#1 of 4 in Stamford
Moore's Motel
Moore's Motel
#1 of 1 in Prattsville

Been to Belvedere Country Inn? Share your experiences!