“Excellent for kids 3-10”

Staten Island Children's Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive exhibits on a broad range of subjects, such as insects, climates, construction, and animal care and daily art and literacy programming
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I would advise to go with kids before they become teens. Ideal age would be from 3 to 10.
A lot to do inside, room to run and play outside. Snug Harbor, where museum is located, is surrounded by fields, gardens, and other museums. I used to bring my older son there every 6 months. Now, he is 15 and doesn't want to go out with his mom, but still misses the place and may go again sometime when I bring my younger son there. Just to relax. It's more like a walk in a Central Park with less people and more things to see and to do.
Bring something to eat. There is a cafeteria downstairs and you won't be hungry but the choices are limited. My younger child is a picky eater, so I have to bring something for him. Otherwise, you can have: hot dog, salad, coffee, tea, some fruits, juices, and different types of chips.

1  Thank Innm7

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have been going here with my kids for the last 14 years. Near all transportation, alot of free parking and easy access for wheelchairs and strollers. Very educational and the exhibits are changed so there is always something new to experience. No food, except for vending machines and tables inside. Fun and inexpensive activity to do.

1  Thank kaemti5
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Lot's to do and see. Active areas and areas for children to just sit and observe. They have something for all ages. It would take hours just to skim through. Once the child found what area it likes they can stay there.

1  Thank DiFred
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I went here with my nieces and nephews we had a lot of fun There is a lot of this to do here you get to interact with your children. It is a place were you can spend the whole day at. If the weather is nice there are a lot fun stuff outside to do. They also have day were there is events going on for the public to go do there.

1  Thank tara p
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My five year old was thoroughly engaged for the whole afternoon. Lots of hands on exhibits. Great value! Beautiful place.

1  Thank Kkayne