“good for children”

Staten Island Children's Museum
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive exhibits on a broad range of subjects, such as insects, climates, construction, and animal care and daily art and literacy programming
Reviewed 22 October 2013

some of my friends introduced it to me, i went there with my baby who was one month old. There are lots of sunshine and grass for children to play with their family.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Excellent day trip out of Manhattan for families travelling with children. Snug Harbour is a woooonderful place, so much culture, beautiful gardens, green house, chineese gardens, concert hall, arts center and of course the childrens museum.

A free ferry ride from Manhattan at South Ferry and a very short bus ride to Snug Harbour.

DEFINITELY worth a visit.

1  Thank Monikrc
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed this interactive hands on museum.

The Staten Island Ferry is free & the price of entry is good.

Lots of fun to be had by all for all ages.

2  Thank dimples_djls
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I would advise to go with kids before they become teens. Ideal age would be from 3 to 10.
A lot to do inside, room to run and play outside. Snug Harbor, where museum is located, is surrounded by fields, gardens, and other museums. I used to bring my older son there every 6 months. Now, he is 15 and doesn't want to go out with his mom, but still misses the place and may go again sometime when I bring my younger son there. Just to relax. It's more like a walk in a Central Park with less people and more things to see and to do.
Bring something to eat. There is a cafeteria downstairs and you won't be hungry but the choices are limited. My younger child is a picky eater, so I have to bring something for him. Otherwise, you can have: hot dog, salad, coffee, tea, some fruits, juices, and different types of chips.

1  Thank Innm7
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have been going here with my kids for the last 14 years. Near all transportation, alot of free parking and easy access for wheelchairs and strollers. Very educational and the exhibits are changed so there is always something new to experience. No food, except for vending machines and tables inside. Fun and inexpensive activity to do.

1  Thank kaemti5