“Great value and service”

Comfort Inn Staten Island
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great value and service”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel is very clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is great and the woman in charge - Toni, is an angel. It is located near shopping and restaurants and very convenient to get to.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Samuel E, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words. I can say that Toni in breakfast is truly a gem in my book. But now to use your words I can add Angel to her classifications.

I am happy that you had a pleasant experience and I appreciate you taking the time to share it. I hope you have a pleasant day and also a great weekend.

-Samuel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Ormond Beach, FL
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This hotel was chosen by the family to stay at due to a funeral in town. Our rooms were small but thats NY. The looked neat but it was deceiving. The comforter had cigarette burns throughout, there were no towels in the bathroom, yellow stains all over the mattress cover. But the worst was the trail of blood from the bed skirt to the carpet. I have a picture but i will spare you guys. The worker came to help us switch rooms. The next room wasnt much better but at least there wasn't blood. It was supposed to be non smoking room and the entire floor freaked of smoke. There were no towels or toilet paper in our new room. Also cigarette burns and hairs in the bed. I didnt complain again because it was kate , my infant daughter needed to sleep and we had a funeral early the next day. When we contacted the manager he was apologetic but we only got $20 off our bill. This is one of the most unkept places I have stayed. I expected more from a corporate chain like this. Save yourself the trouble and stay next door.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank chiacapz
Samuel E, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Good day to you Chiacapz,

I cannot say that I was aware of an experience such as yours in our hotel. Please know that I by no means am discrediting your words just that it didn't come across to me. I hope that if at all possible we can discuss this matter further. If we truly failed your expectations I would like the opportunity to make it right. I can only imagine how you must have felt, especially as you said with the reason to visit NY in the first place was a saddening event, I offer my condolences to you for whatever it is worth at this time.

Believe you me that I would try and contact you directly to make sure we got to the bottom of this. I hope that you could do me the honor of reaching out to me whenever it is most convenient to you.

Please call the hotel and ask for me and we shall take it from there. They have my contact details as well as email readily available which I can be reached at any time as well.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm Regards,

-Samuel E
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We were looking for a hotel close to the city, but at a reasonable rate. This hotel was a great price!

After getting there, put expectations had been exceeded. We were greeted with pleasant staff- Lucus was the name of the person at the front desk, who was very helpful and was detailed in his service.

The room was excellent. Well furnished and clean with comfortable beds. Next morning we were helped by Lauren at the front desk and she was a smiling and enthusiastic young girl who helped us happily.

Overall! Great experience.

• Stayed July 2013
Hello to you LifeIsGood_PM

Thank you for your kind words. I know that Lucas and Lauren are always putting there best foot forward with people. I am happy that they were recognized by people. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to actually leave a note about your stay. If this was your first time I hope that this is the beginning of many more visits.

Remember, if you haven't signed up yet already, make sure you are a Choice Privileges member. That way in a short amount of time you can accumulate points for free stays.

Please let us know when you are in town again.

Have a great day!

Elmer, New Jersey
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Chose this Comfort Inn due to its great location for our two-day NYC family trip. Greeted with a big smile and very sincere welcome by Lucas at the Front Desk. Lucas was exceptionally friendly and ensured that we got a great room. Though the room is small the King-size bed was very comfortable. After a good nights sleep we awoke early to a great buffet breakfast where we were greeted by Toni. She too was very friendly (even at 6AM) and assisted us by showing us the wide selection that was available. And when the waffles were done she brought them directly to our table. A small gesture but greatly appreciated. The entire complex was very clean throughout. GREAT value plus GREAT service = RETURN VISIT (Soon!)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Samuel E, Manager at Comfort Inn Staten Island, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Good day NiceMeany,

It is a treat to hear your nice words about our hotel. I know that Lucas will feel very appreciative of your words about him. Toni is a gem isn't she? Trust me when I say it isn't the first time you will find their names on boards like this one here. (Nor will it be the last)

I hope that everyone else will get a chance to impress you in there own little way.
(and in this day and age isn't it true to say that it's all about the little* things that make all the difference?)

I am so glad to see that you will be returning to visit soon. Please let me know if I can do anything that would make your stay more comfortable. Oh and I hope you are a Choice Privileges (CP) member. That way not only will you still enjoy the same welcoming service but you get to accumulate points as well for Free Nights!

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Kind Regards,

Marion, Virginia
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I have to say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The continental breakfast was awesome.It was a great value compared to the other hotels in the area. The ferry is a short drive away and takes you right into Manhattan.Parking is about $8.00 in the municipal parking lot right beside the ferry terminal.They also have a shuttle to the ferry if you choose not to drive.We will stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank mygirlanna
Hello there MyGirlLanna,

I literally have a smile on my face as I write to you. I am glad that you had a great time staying with us.

My staff enjoys reading feedback from our guests. The positive ones especially makes them strut around with grins on their faces from ear to ear.

I am going to put this in a place for all of them to see. I imagine we will all have a set of dimples by the end of the week with all the smiles it produces.

(Kidding) (but then again you never know right?)

Thanks again for taking time out of your day to share your words with us.

Have an excellent day!

Weston, MA
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This is a real value: excellent service and very comfortable accommodations. Lauren at the front desk was unbelievably helpful - accommodated our special needs (3 rooms and we arrived 3 hours before check-in), recommended a great place for lunch and then called us when the rooms were ready. The hotel is very clean and all of the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was surprisingly good with a great selection of hot and cold food -- all fresh and delicious.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jahoops
Good Day Jahoops!

It is so nice to see so much positive words from our guests. I have not seen the Four Seasons Service* reference before. But I can assure you that when it becomes a trend I will make a note that you were the First.

I thank you again for taking time out of your day to send us feedback.

Please let me know when you are in town again so we can make sure that we have an opportunity to out shine your expectations even further.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Room was nice, and all the staff and Lauren at the front desk were really helpful! Never stayed at Staten Island before and the hotel was great about all the questions we had. Would stay again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joe V
Good day Mr. V.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to send us some feedback. I am very pleased to see you had an enjoyable time with us at our hotel.

(p.s. Lauren seems to be on cloud 9 when she sees that someone noticed her customer service skills.)

I wish you can see her big grin at the sight oh her name online.
:D

Not quite but you get the idea.

I hope that we can see you in the near future. There is a lot to see and do at the hotel we like for every person to be on a first name basis with us.

Have a great day

#6 of 7 in Staten Island
Hotel Executive Suites
Hotel Executive Suites
#2 of 2 in Carteret

Been to Comfort Inn Staten Island? Share your experiences!