“Great service, great room, great value”

Ramada Staten Island
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
Manama, Bahrain
“Great service, great room, great value”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We were looking for a hotel convenient enough to get to Manhattan but avoiding the exhorbitant fees of staying right in Manhattan - this was it! All front desk and service staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, the room was very clean, quiet, and comfortable, and the rates were very reasonable. Breakfast included was sufficient (slightly better than I had come to expect from hotels' continental breakfasts), and driving to St. George ferry port to get to Manhattan was quick and easy. Given the opportunity, I'd absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank EinsteinCanuck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We booked this hotel for my sister's wedding. We booked 25 rooms. We didn't have any problem while checking in. We were little too demanding but the manager was just fab he fulfilled all our demands. Even they provided us free shuttle which was so helpful. they even allowed to use their breakfast area for our dinner arrangements. Overall its just fab!!!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Jpatel326
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed at this Ramada for three nights earlier this week. We are a family of four (two daughters, ages 11 and 13). We wanted to visit NYC, but didn't want to spend a fortune on accommodations. I am a loyal Comfort Inn/Comfort Suites customer, but the Island's Comfort Inn was unavailable for at least one of the nights we needed, so I reluctantly chose the Ramada. I'm glad I did.

The room was very clean. Front desk staff was professional and courteous. Our room with two double beds (non-smoking) was quite small, but I expected this, given the price. I can live with small, as long as it's clean, safe, and reasonably convenient. I found the Ramada to be all of these. It's also in a safe neighborhood and just a block or two from a few casual eateries and a nice fruit store that we enjoyed. I felt comfortable and safe walking in the area, and the eateries were easy to get to. Hotel is on the bus route, and just one block from Victory Blvd. which leads straight to the St. George Ferry Terminal. We drove a car to the terminal every day, parked for $8, and took the ferry into NYC each day. We enjoyed the ferry rides and the scenery on the water, but the ferry does take time (25 min on ferry + travel from hotel to the terminal takes about 15 min usually). If quick access to Manhattan is important to you, you might consider staying in Brooklyn, but we found that the Ramada in SI met our family's needs and interests. I definitely recommend this hotel. If you like the beach, also check out the boardwalk at South Beach on SI near the Verrazano-Narrows bridge. This was an unexpected delight for our family...nice place to enjoy relaxing scenery, especially in the evenings as it is cool and breezy there....clean, and family friendly, too. Our daughters loved it.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, I recommend requesting a room away from the freeway. We stayed next...
1 Thank TravelingMom2012
Sunderland
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My wife and I spent 4 nights here on a recent trip to the USA. The room was small compared to other places we stayed, but for the price in New York City, it is not a real complaint. The room had all we needed, a king size bed (a smaller one would have helped considering the room size) air conditioning, a TV, coffee making, and a decent size bathroom. It is quite close to a main highway through Staten Island, which is busy all the time, but the air conditioning drowned out the road noise well enough. The complimentary breakfast was good, plenty of choice, cereals, bread & bagels to toast, muffins, danish pastries and, much to my wife's delight, a waffle maker for hot waffles with syrup. Two of the days we were there they also had what I can only describe as the inner bits (egg & meat) of a McDonalds Sausage Muffin which people used to make sandwiches. The bus to the Staten Island ferry stops just around the corner (Number 62) and took about 20-30 minutes to get there depending on traffic. The price is $2.25 each way (July 2012), however the drivers only take coins or a Metrocard (available from subway stations in Manhattan). There are also a few shops in the area if you need anything. All in all not a bad stay, shame about the room size.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrifterSunderland
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We recently stayed at Ramada Inn for six days and our overall experience was great. The odor in the room was noticeable on returning to the hotel from Manhattan daily. This was not a big issue, since the odor was gone after the a/c in the room was turned down from 70 F to 65 F, as it may be due to the humidity. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were a decent size, for the average nightly rate. We did recommend to the management to replace sub par toilet tissue rolls with better quality ones. Built-in outlets in the lamps were very convenient for charging lap-tops and cell phones.Internet speed was good with 4 lap-tops in use. Breakfast items were well stocked till 9:15am.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
1 Thank TripPlannerToo
Lancaster
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This hotel worked out great for us. My husband and I wanted to spend a few days in Manhattan for our anniversary, but didn't want to pay half our budget for a hotel there. Staying at the Ramada in Staten Island was perfect! It was less than half the price of hotels in Manhattan, minutes from the Staten Island ferry, with plenty of restaurants nearby. The rooms were very clean, bed was cozy, and the continental breakfast was great. I was tickled to find a waffle maker in the line-up of hot and cold foods. Overall, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Steph D
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Just got back from a 3 night stay at the Staten Island Ramada. I must admit that it doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside you get good value for the money, especially being so close to Manhattan. Some thoughts...wireless internet was free, but quite often slow - probably due to high usage. The free continental breakfast was good, but offerings were not always being replenished as quickly as they were being taken. There is no elevator, but that wasn't a problem for me. The room (we were in #212), was very clean and extremely quiet. The hotel is conveniently located just off of the Staten Island Expressway, and about a 15 minute drive to the free ferry to Manhattan. All things considered, I would stay here again without any hesitations.

Room Tip: Our room (212) was quiet, despite facing the road and being at the top of the stairs.
1 Thank FlyAtNIght
#4 of 7 in Staten Island
Hampton Inn & Suites Staten Island
Holiday Inn Express - Staten Island West
Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway

Been to Ramada Staten Island? Share your experiences!