“Not a 5 star but perfect for the price. I'd stay here again.”

Ramada Staten Island
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Staten Island
NJ
“Not a 5 star but perfect for the price. I'd stay here again.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We needed to attend a funeral and this place was right next door to the funeral home. We had some hesitation about staying here based on some of the reviews/comments but our fears subsided once we checked in. We reserved a King non-smoking room. It was small and clean but had everything we wanted. The bed was also very comfortable. My only negative comment would be about the breakfast. It was marginally satisfying (only because i was really hungry). I would have given 4 stars if breakfast was better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Staten Island
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Room was clean but compact. Television selections were limited, not all of the stations worked. Air conditioning was pleasantly quiet but worked hard to keep room cool. Key didn't work, front desk staff re-keyed it and it worked fine. Road noise was very loud. Limited breakfast selection but worked.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Reviewed 9 July 2014

At arrival the desk staff expected us, and greeted us with smiling faces. It was nice to arrive and be made to feel at home with nothing more than a reservation. Friendly conversation and speedy customer service is near impossible to find these days, but there it was! The room was perfectly clean too. Everything was so fresh and well kept it felt a little like home, which is a big comfort for me and mine! The best part is the ultra modern rules, I truly felt like I could treat the place as my own.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lana C
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

HORROR!! This hotel is the old Victory Motor Inn. A 4 hour sleazy motel. Even with a name change it's the same.

THIS WILL ALWAYS BE THE VICTORY MOTOR INN NO MATTER WHAT THE SIGN SAYS...

First I booked through Priceline, biggest mistake ever. Get to the hotel after midnight with my wife and 3 year old daughter and they tell me I booked a smoking room. Uh NO! I have a baby. Well they have no other rooms.. After a fuss magically a non-smoking room appears.

We get in the room and there are no blankets just what appears to be "White" sheets. One of them with a burn in it. Ok really no blankets, I continue through the room and find 1 bath towel and 2 hand towels. REALLY!! We just landed want to bath 3 people so we call for more towels. NO MORE TOWELS. In rage I head down and the lady hands me 1 extra towel from behind the counter. No I am in an up roar. Too late to check out so we do not unpack with the intention of sleeping the night and leaving the next day to the Hilton or the Hampton Inn.

Pubic hairs all over the bathroom, my wife is cleaning as I made sure my daughter did not touch the floor of the room. There was blood stains on the wall behind the door. It was disgusting. I can go on and point out other things but I will move to the next day and leave it to imagination.

When I requested to check out and for them to credit me they said that I was responsible for the FULL 4 days because I booked through priceline and that priceline did not allow a credit. So I called priceline and priceline said as long as the hotel agreed they had no problem. I was standing right there when Priceline called and I heard the front desk person speaking with them saying "My system does not allow me to do that" Really your system?? I am from San Francisco and work in high tech, I am an avid traveler and have traveled the world. The only reason I am ion Ramada is because I came home to see family. Priceline came back on the phone with me and said the hotel refused to credit. Normally hotels will credit however this hotel was really stubborn. I told him I know i was right in front of him.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank muhammad s
Shashin G, General Manager at Ramada Staten Island, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Fellow Tripadvisor Readers:

Isn't it amazing what a few travelers would do and say for a refund?!?

This guest had a family emergency and wanted to check out early. As he booked a non-refundable through priceline, he was refused a refund by priceline. This guest told us to refund his money or he would be malicious and post pics from other hotels, as he is an "avid traveler". The pics posted are NOT from our hotel and tripadvisor has been made aware.

As responsible hoteliers, the first thing we did was investigate his claims. And we were shocked. Shocked because there was absolutely nothing wrong with his room. Almost like an April Fools joke, except the joke was on us.

Perfectly clean and operational bedroom and bathroom. Perfectly clean sheets and walls. Perfect carpet, perfect wardrobe, perfect in-room refrigerator. Perfect flatscreen TV. Perfect smell. Correct number of towels. Correct number of hangers.

Then we began to research the reviewer. What we found: this guest's previous review of our hotel was removed by tripadvisor due to his overt RACIAL comments, violating tripadvisor's (and society's) guidelines. What a surprise...

In short, we will not be subjected to guest's willing to stoop so low as to blackmail us for money.

We have a 180+ reviews on tripadvisor. Please feel free to review these to get an accurate assessment of our hotel. Do not be swayed by the scammers who think they can "get around the system".

So for a great night sleep, complimentary breakfast, complimentary wifi, complimentary parking, please choose the Ramada Staten Island as your hotel of choice in Staten Island, NY.

Thank you.

Holiday Inn Staten Island
Holiday Inn Staten Island
#4 of 7 in Staten Island
Holiday Inn Carteret - Rahway

Been to Ramada Staten Island? Share your experiences!